|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a constant problem while May Ying lived with Guen?
(a) Splintered floors.
(b) Drafty windows.
(c) All of these.
(d) Cock roaches.
2. What was Hing's house in need of at the beginning of the book?
(d) A mailbox.
3. Who did Sam name May Ying's first child after?
(a) His first wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His cousin.
4. What did May Ying's friends in Canada help her do while she was alone?
(a) Have fun with other men.
(b) Save up money.
(c) Feed her child.
(d) Keep her husband in China.
5. Who enrolled Hing in school?
(a) May Ying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused May Ying and Huangbo to be friends?
2. Where did Nan die?
3. What did Sam encourage Yuen to do when he was seven?
4. Who helped Sam with his saving money?
5. How did May Ying view Nan?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)