|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of town did Sam live in?
(b) Asian Province.
(d) The tenements.
2. How long was May Ying in Canada before her third child was born?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. Why was Sam able to save so much money?
(a) He forgot how much he had.
(b) He got a big inheritance.
(c) He was a smart investor.
(d) He rarely splurged on luxuries.
4. Who smoothed over the blunders made in Sam's business?
(c) May Ying.
5. How was Hing's house in the past?
(a) Run down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sam want May Ying to quit her job?
2. Why did May Ying want her son to be born in Canada?
3. What were concubines traditionally expected to do in the household?
4. How did May Ying feel when she may Huangbo cry?
5. How old was Shortie Lan when she met May Ying?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)