|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who paid for May Ying's passage?
(a) The owner of the Peking House.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her mother.
2. Where did Sam take May Ying to dinner when they first met?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A tea house.
(c) His house.
(d) A hostel.
3. How was Hing related to Yuen?
(a) He was her half-brother.
(b) She was his aunt.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) He was her uncle.
4. How was Hing's house in the past?
(d) Run down.
5. How did May Ying feel when she may Huangbo cry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the owner of the Peking House refuse to do for Sam?
2. What was the name of Hing's sister?
3. What were concubines traditionally expected to do in the household?
4. Why was May Ying so popular at her job?
5. What did May Ying make money for?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)