|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did May Ying say she continued to gamble?
(a) It was her job.
(b) Luck followed her.
(c) It made her feel rich.
(d) She was addicted.
2. Where did Ping work during the war?
(a) The docks.
(b) The tea houses.
(c) The fields.
(d) The airport.
3. What did Chinese people think of women's wages?
(a) They were her husband's property.
(b) They were shameful.
(c) They were for personal use.
(d) They were for her children.
4. Who enrolled Hing in school?
(b) May Ying.
5. Why did Huangbo end the schooling for Ping?
(a) Money from Canada stopped coming.
(b) The teachers were fired.
(c) Sam told her to.
(d) She got too old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did May Ying learn that Nan died?
2. Who wanted to buy Hing a coat when her mother was in Winnipeg?
3. How did May Ying die?
4. Why did Ping not think much of her mother?
5. What pleased Sam about Hing?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)