|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sam take May Ying to dinner when they first met?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A tea house.
(d) His house.
2. How old was Shortie Lan when she met May Ying?
3. What caused May Ying and Huangbo to be friends?
(a) Sam talked about getting another concubine.
(b) Sam lost his job.
(c) They both got pregnant.
(d) They got sick.
4. Who told May Ying her third child would be a boy?
(a) A fortune teller.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A dream.
5. How long did May Ying have to work to re-pay what was spent on her passage?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did May Ying take Hing quite often when she was alone in Canada?
2. What part of town did Sam live in?
3. Who paid for May Ying's passage?
4. What surprised May Ying about her third child?
5. Why did May Ying refuse to do what concubines were expected to do?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)