|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of name was Hing told to choose?
(a) An English name.
(b) An American name.
(c) A Canadian name.
(d) A pronouncable name.
2. How did May Ying feel when she may Huangbo cry?
3. Why did Huangbo end the schooling for Ping?
(a) She got too old.
(b) The teachers were fired.
(c) Money from Canada stopped coming.
(d) Sam told her to.
4. Why did Sam leave China after his son was born?
(a) He needed to make money.
(b) He finished the house.
(c) He got his son.
(d) He missed May Ying.
5. Why did Huangbo think her son was deformed?
(a) She cheated on her husband.
(b) She did not command the concubine.
(c) She smoked opium.
(d) She broke the legs of a chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed Hing's opinion of her mother
2. Who told May Ying her third child would be a boy?
3. How long did May Ying have to work to re-pay what was spent on her passage?
4. Who made Hing stay in contact with her sisters?
5. How did May Ying hope to be taken care of in her old age?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)