Chapters 1 through 4
• Denise and her mother, Hing arrived at her aunt's house. Her uncle, Yuen was there as well.
• The house was nice, but run down. It had been elaborate in the past. Ping gave Hing a coat as a gift. It was old and obviously important.
• The story changed to May Ying's past. She was 17 when she was sold as a concubine to Sam in Canada. She traveled alone there.
• Sam worked in Canada to send money to his wife in China. He got lonely, and sent for a concubine. The owner of the tea shop paid for her passage.
• She had to work in the tea shop for 2 years to pay for the passage. She did well at the job.
• Sam got jealous of her popularity and tried to get her to quit her job.
• May Ying got pregnant with Ping. She was named after Sam's...
This section contains 1,879 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)