|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bosch do once inside his car?
2. How much overweight is Belf?
3. Where is Dr. Locke's office located?
4. When is Bremmer's arraignment?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 26, what time does Bosch wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what point does Bosch realize that Bremmer knows he is caught?
2. Why does Irving keep Bosch back after the meeting?
3. Why does Mora think the killer will strike soon?
4. In Chapter 32, why is the front page story ironic?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 29, why does Bosch race toward Sylvia's house?
6. What does Bosch do since he can not be with Sylvia?
7. What does Bosch do to try to protect Sylvia?
8. What does Dr. Locke suggest about the videos as trophies?
9. What does Chandler suggest about Bosch's character by mentioning his lack of character witnesses?
10. Why is Dr. Locke excited about the latest developments in the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Looking at the court case Bosch is facing, what would be the most important elements to the lawyers for each side?
Essay Topic 2
Bosch is very closed up. Discuss how Bosch's past affects his ability to open up to Sylvia. Sylvia lost her husband. Why does she seem to be more open then Bosch even though she experienced extreme pain?
Essay Topic 3
The pain and disgust that Bosch deals with at work is brought to light when Sylvia sees the pictures of the murder victims. How does this portrayal make Sylvia feel? Does Bosch continue to feel pain for these victims after working in the field for so long? If so, provide examples of these feelings.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)