|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hotel room come with that Sylvia and Bosch stay in?
2. Why excuse does Edgar give Bosch for being the leak?
3. What suit does Chandler wear that Bosch figures is her lucky suit?
4. Where are the offices of Canoga Park located?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 26, what time does Bosch wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Locke suggest about the videos as trophies?
2. Why does Bremmer think Chandler is so slick?
3. When Rollenberger gets to Mora's house what does Bosch tells him happened?
4. Why is Bosch tense when the phone rings in the beginning of Chapter 26?
5. Why is the death of the student so devastating?
6. Why is Dr. Locke excited about the latest developments in the case?
7. Why won't Chandler give Bosch the note from the killer?
8. At what point does Bosch realize that Bremmer knows he is caught?
9. Where does the task force find evidence to convict Bremmer?
10. What choice is Mora given while handcuffed in his own house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the time Bosch realizes there was more than one killer, there are a couple theories as to who the second killer might be. How do each of these suspects fit the description of the killer and why did it take so long for Bosch to realize the killer was Bremmer? What does Bremmer do or not do to avoid detection for so long?
Essay Topic 2
There are some instances of forgiveness throughout the story. For example, Bosch forgives Edgar for his betrayal. Why do some of the characters in this book forgive others? Is the forgiveness given to some characters different than that given to other? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Ray Mora was hiding a secret life. Why does Mora have these secrets? How do these secrets play a role in the story, specifically how do they compare and contrast to the other crimes being committed? Why do you think the officer simply forced Mora to resign?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)