|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note Bosch receives in Chapter 29 threaten?
2. Why does Belk chastise Bosch when he shows up for court in Chapter 22?
3. What does Dr. Locke think the killer would keep as souvenirs?
4. Why is the deputy DA hesitant to file charges against Bremmer?
5. When Bosch enters the conference room, who are the only other people there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bremmer think Chandler is so slick?
2. How does the surveillance team learn that Mora is in the house with Bosch?
3. Why does Bosch suggest they take Georgia to the narcotics unit?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 21, what is going through Bosch's head as he gets in his car?
5. What does Bosch do since he can not be with Sylvia?
6. Why does Bosch follow Bremmer home in Chapter 31?
7. What does the surveillance team do while Bosch is picking the lock to Mora's house?
8. How does Bosch confirm the existence of a note given to Chandler?
9. At what point does Bosch realize that Bremmer knows he is caught?
10. When Rollenberger gets to Mora's house what does Bosch tells him happened?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The one eye witness to the killer, Georgia, is mentioned throughout the book. One problem the police have is getting her to identify the killer. How does this character represent the difficulties the police have finding the killer? Specifically, it seems that the answer is just beyond their reach, why can't they catch him?
Essay Topic 2
Belk appears to be very passive during the entire trial. Why is Belk as passive? Do you think this is his personality or are there other reasons for this behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Ray Mora was hiding a secret life. Why does Mora have these secrets? How do these secrets play a role in the story, specifically how do they compare and contrast to the other crimes being committed? Why do you think the officer simply forced Mora to resign?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)