|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sylvia feel when Bosch calls after another day in court to tell her he may not be able to see her?
2. When was Bosch's mother raped and murdered?
3. What was visible on the plaster mold of the victim's face?
4. What does Bosch decide to get for dinner in Chapter 13?
5. Who reported Rebecca missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sylvia upset when Bosch gets off the phone with Locke?
2. Why do Bosch's feelings for Sylvia and his actions seem contradictory?
3. Why is Sylvia bothered by finding out about Bosch's mother's death?
4. Why doesn't Belk want to ask for a continuance?
5. How does Bosch follow the phone leads about the victim?
6. Based on the conversation between Bosch and Sylvia, how could their relationship be described?
7. Why does Harry Bosch say the city did not settle with the widow of Norman Church?
8. In Chapter 6, why is Deborah Church's testimony suspicious?
9. What does Bosch learn when he looks into the character of Tom Cerrone?
10. What is Bosch most nervous about when being questioned by Chandler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The one eye witness to the killer, Georgia, is mentioned throughout the book. One problem the police have is getting her to identify the killer. How does this character represent the difficulties the police have finding the killer? Specifically, it seems that the answer is just beyond their reach, why can't they catch him?
Essay Topic 2
From the time Bosch realizes there was more than one killer, there are a couple theories as to who the second killer might be. How do each of these suspects fit the description of the killer and why did it take so long for Bosch to realize the killer was Bremmer? What does Bremmer do or not do to avoid detection for so long?
Essay Topic 3
Ray Mora was hiding a secret life. Why does Mora have these secrets? How do these secrets play a role in the story, specifically how do they compare and contrast to the other crimes being committed? Why do you think the officer simply forced Mora to resign?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)