|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the second type of rule do?
(a) Confer power to nations.
(b) Confer power to judges.
(c) Confer public and private power.
(d) Confer the pwoer to create laws.
2. What does the distinction make sense of, according to Hart?
(a) Many difficulties previously unsolved.
(b) How law should work.
(c) How moral is structured.
(d) How custom is structured.
3. What is related to law according to Hart?
4. What does the law make human conduct?
5. What is the first step in figuring out what law is according to Hart?
(a) How are law passed.
(b) What is law.
(c) Who are law created.
(d) What has confounded so many.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are habits?
2. Which status is the closest to the Austin/coercive order model?
3. What does the doctrine of sovereignty often hold?
4. What do laws require exist?
5. What are 'real' rules, according to Hart?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do we speak of justice?
2. What did Hart focus on according to Chapter 4?
3. What is rare for individuals in modern societies?
4. What did Hart want to explain?
5. What do laws require?
6. What does the doctrine of sovereignty often hold?
7. What was the most serious attempt to analyze the concept of law according to Chapter 2?
8. What did customary societies have?
9. What happens to laws?
10. Who do the laws made by the Queen of England not apply to?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)