|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes the law created by past regimes binding, according to some philosophers?
(a) The police force.
(c) The current authority.
(d) The force of habit.
2. What are rules typically regarded as?
3. Where don't laws apply?
(a) In other countries.
(b) In communities not recognizing the laws.
(c) In other morality centers.
(d) In other cities.
4. Who make laws?
(a) The king.
(b) The ones generally obeyed.
5. What could the definition of law provide a map for?
(a) Explaining relationships
(b) Explain order.
(c) Explain man's evolution.
(d) Explain society.
6. What are laws?
(a) Standing orders.
(b) Optional rules.
(c) Written customs.
(d) Moral imperatives.
7. What implies that a rule exists?
(a) That someone has an obligation.
(b) That society exist.
(c) That morale exist.
(d) That customs were created.
8. How many categories do objections fall into?
9. How would a man keep law from applying to him, according to Austin?
(a) By making changes to the law.
(b) Keep the probability of punishment low.
(c) By ignoring it.
(d) By being rich.
10. What is the first question Hart identified?
(a) Who wants laws.
(b) Who create law.
(c) What makes law obligatory.
(d) Who needs laws.
11. How are laws obeyed?
12. What are imperatives backed by?
13. What does the distinction make sense of, according to Hart?
(a) How law should work.
(b) Many difficulties previously unsolved.
(c) How moral is structured.
(d) How custom is structured.
14. How can laws be divided?
(a) Five sub section rules.
(b) Primary and secondary rules.
(c) Collective and individual rules.
(d) Categories based on the type of offense.
15. What makes social pressure serious?
(b) Morale constrains.
(c) High morale societies.
(d) Rules being important to maintain social life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is law?
2. What do the laws of judicial practice not define?
3. What do laws regulate in advance?
4. What is related to law according to Hart?
5. What do the law of torts specify the conditions of?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)