|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Law as the Union of Primary and Secondary Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes the law created by past regimes binding, according to some philosophers?
(a) The force of habit.
(c) The current authority.
(d) The police force.
2. When does the concept of nullity arise?
(a) When a law cannot be interpreted.
(b) When none of the conditions of power is fulfilled.
(c) When a judge cannot reach a decision.
(d) When one of the conditions for power is unfulfilled.
3. How do some react to rules themselves?
(a) With skepticism.
(b) With sadness.
(c) With joy.
(d) With disdain.
4. How does Hart qualifies most statements made about law by great minds?
(a) True and deeply puzzling.
5. What is the question Hart tries to answer in the book according to Chapter 1?
(a) Who has the law.
(b) Who is the law.
(c) How is law formed.
(d) What is law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hart name the ones that create the law in Chapter 4?
2. What would breaking the rule allow some individual to do?
3. What would we find if we were to examine many types of laws, according to Hart in chapter 3?
4. What are imperatives backed by?
5. How many questions did Hart identified that combine into the question of what law is?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)