|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Laws, Commands, and Orders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first step in figuring out what law is according to Hart?
(a) How are law passed.
(b) Who are law created.
(c) What is law.
(d) What has confounded so many.
2. How are laws obeyed?
3. What do laws require exist?
(a) An enforcement force.
(b) Social beliefs that laws are standing.
(c) A strong ruler.
(d) A structured society.
4. What could the definition of law provide a map for?
(a) Explain order.
(b) Explain society.
(c) Explain man's evolution.
(d) Explaining relationships
5. How do some react to rules themselves?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With joy.
(c) With skepticism.
(d) With disdain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do rules do?
2. How is law understood, according to the author of Province of Jurisprudence Determined?
3. What are imperatives backed by?
4. What example does Hart give about non optional conduct that are not law?
5. Who do laws dictated by the queen of England not apply to, according to Hart?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)