|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Sovereign and Subject.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the concept of law according to Hart?
(a) Easy to understand.
(b) Only understood by scholars.
(d) Hard to analyze.
2. What is law?
(a) How to behave around other people.
(b) Morale based rules.
(c) A set of loose rules.
(d) A general order backed by threats.
3. Who makes the law created by past regimes binding, according to some philosophers?
(a) The force of habit.
(b) The current authority.
(c) The police force.
4. What are rules typically regarded as?
5. What have judges power to do in the structure judicial practice?
(a) Create laws.
(b) Make decisions on their own.
(c) Try certain types of cases.
(d) Interpret laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many questions did Hart identified that combine into the question of what law is?
2. What do rules requires a critical reflective attitude about?
3. When does the concept of nullity arise?
4. Who make laws?
5. How do people obey?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)