|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Sovereign and Subject.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shares the same drawback as a book of statuses?
(a) Set of precedent.
(b) Custom laws.
(c) Ratified legislation.
(d) Set of ratified legislation or judicial rulings.
2. Which status is the closest to the Austin/coercive order model?
(a) Penal status.
(b) Civil statutes.
(c) Primary status.
(d) Secondary status.
3. What are laws according to Hart?
(a) Preventative measure.
(b) Control measures.
4. What are 'real' rules, according to Hart?
(a) Those society agree must apply to all.
(b) Those descending from morale.
(c) Those society believe must be obeyed.
(d) Those created by elected officials.
5. What have judges power to do in the structure judicial practice?
(a) Create laws.
(b) Interpret laws.
(c) Make decisions on their own.
(d) Try certain types of cases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do many laws originate from?
2. What is law not understood as, according to the author of Province of Jurisprudence Determined?
3. How many questions did Hart identified that combine into the question of what law is?
4. How is law understood, according to the author of Province of Jurisprudence Determined?
5. What are laws supreme in?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)