|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Sovereign and Subject.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could we rest with according to Hart?
(a) Reminders on the reward of obeying.
(b) Reminders on how to obey.
(c) Reminders about how we use the concept.
(d) Reminders on the risk of disobeying.
2. What do the laws of judicial practice not define?
(d) Prison time.
3. What does attempting a single definition do to the fundamental elements of the law?
(a) Make them applicable.
(b) Obscures them.
(c) Make them accessible.
(d) Make them clear.
4. What do laws regulate in advance?
(d) Changes in morale.
5. How does Hart qualifies Province of Jurisprudence Determined, according to Chapter 2?
(a) As a bad attempt to analyze law.
(b) As an effort to change the law.
(c) As the most serious attempt to analyze the concept of law.
(d) As an attempt to prevent laws from applying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first difficult thing about law?
2. Who makes the law created by past regimes binding, according to some philosophers?
3. What does the doctrine of sovereignty often hold?
4. What do making laws differ from?
5. How is law understood, according to the author of Province of Jurisprudence Determined?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)