|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Laws and Morals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the second question arisen by Hart's theory appear?
(a) When we analyze the idea that acustom can be said to exist.
(b) When we analyze the idea that a custom can not be said to exist.
(c) When we analyze the idea that a legal system can be said not to exist.
(d) When we analyze the idea that a legal system can be said to exist.
2. What happens when secondary rules are accepted, according to Chapter 6?
(a) Societies have authoritative methods to determine what law is.
(b) Societies have authoritative methods to change laws.
(c) Societies have authoritative methods to determine what custom is.
(d) Societies have authoritative methods to change morale.
3. What do not apply to the ultimate rules?
(a) External statements.
(c) Questions of validity.
(d) Internal statements.
4. What are subordinate to rules of recognition?
(a) Rules based on laws.
(b) Stable rules.
(c) Unstated rules.
(d) Rules based on Customs.
5. Where do many laws originate from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can statement of law made as?
2. What cannot laws be reduced to?
3. What can judges statement be because of their external point of view?
4. What would we find if we were to examine many types of laws, according to Hart in chapter 3?
5. How many categories do objections fall into?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)