|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location do all the animals want to know about?
(a) Brer Rabbit's sleeping place.
(b) Brer Rabbit's thinking place.
(c) Brer Rabbit's laughing place.
(d) Brer Rabbit's money hiding place.
2. In the tale, Brother Fox and the White Muscadines, what happens after Brer Rabbit helps him climb a tree?
(a) he injures himself in a fall out of the tree.
(b) he eats so much that he cannot get down.
(c) the hawk comes and pushes him out of the tree.
(d) he throws the Muscadines down and Brer Rabbit takes them.
3. How does Brer Rabbit cause the other critters' plan to trap him to backfire?
(a) he overhears them and tricks them into going to Miss Meadows's house.
(b) he plays along and then runs away fast as a horse.
(c) he challenges them to a dance off contest.
(d) he brings his fiddle along and plays a tune for them.
4. After listening to Brer Rabbit recount this conversation with Manny-Bammy-Big-Money, what does Brer Lion do?
(a) thanks Brer Rabbit for trying to help him.
(b) jumps out of bed cured of his burns.
(c) calls for the hide of Brer Fox.
(d) calls for a bowl of turtle soup.
5. How does Uncle Remus say the fox got black legs?
(a) wading through the muddy pond.
(b) falling asleep in the hole where the sun goes down.
(c) falling into the tar he used to make the tar baby.
(d) walking on fresh pavement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Remus excuse Brer Rabbit for hideous behavior with Granny Wolf?
2. Who does Uncle Remus call Impty-Umpty?
3. What gets Brer Rabbit chased by Mr. Man's pack of dogs?
4. In what way does Uncle Remus personify the elements?
5. Who replaces Brer Rabbit as king of the creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fantastic tale Uncle Remus tells the little boy to get him over his fright of the witch tale?
2. Who are Crazy Sue, Lillian, and Lucien?
3. What is the influence that the little boy's mother relies on in bring up the boy thereby affecting his imagination?
4. How is the little boy stymied in his efforts to slip up on Uncle Remus to scare him?
5. What are the preposterous provisions Teenchy-Tiny duck makes to try and retrieve her bag of gold?
6. Who is the company everyone tells the blacksmith he is going to have soon?
7. What Aesop fable is similar to Uncle Remus's tale, Brother Rabbit Takes a Walk?
8. How does Brer Rabbit describe his wife's behavior as he visits with Brer Wolf and Brer Fox?
9. Relate Uncle Remus's tale about duplicity on the part of the bear in dealing with the alligator.
10. What is the news Uncle Remus rlates to the boy on the night of Christmas Eve?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)