|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the little boy's mother think about Uncle Remus' stories?
(a) they should be written down.
(b) they are good education for the boy.
(c) they keep the boy from underfoot.
(d) the aren't true.
2. Who does the blacksmith figure out will be his visitor?
(b) Brer Rabbit.
(c) Miss Meadows.
(d) the Angel Gabriel.
3. How does Uncle Remus account for the craters on the moon?
(a) as worry lines on the face of Unk Moon.
(b) as scratches made by Brer Rabbit.
(c) as whiskers on Unk Moon.
(d) as scars from Unk Moon's illness.
4. How does Mrs. Partridge frighten away Brer Rabbit?
(a) she makes noise to call other animals.
(b) she spreads her wings like a buzzard.
(c) she jumps out of an egg shell like an eagle.
(d) she makes him think he's found snake eggs.
5. What does the buzzard attempt to teach the terrapin?
(a) how to fly.
(b) how to fish.
(c) how to jump.
(d) how to sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tracking the squirrels, what does the man find?
2. What absurd things does Teenchy-Tiny-Duck have in his bag?
3. What does the little boy tell Uncle Remus he wishes he could do?
4. Why does Brer Rabbit say he is running away from Brer Wolf and the gold mine?
5. When the storyteller changes, who tells tales to children named Lillian and Lucien?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the news Uncle Remus rlates to the boy on the night of Christmas Eve?
2. What does the third generation little boy confide to Uncle Remus about his mother?
3. What Aesop fable is similar to Uncle Remus's tale, Brother Rabbit Takes a Walk?
4. How does Brer Rabbit describe his wife's behavior as he visits with Brer Wolf and Brer Fox?
5. How does Uncle Remus convince the boy that Brer Rabbit sometimes was not the smartest creature in the whole creation?
6. Who are Crazy Sue, Lillian, and Lucien?
7. Explain how Uncle Remus relates superstitious ideas about scientific phenomena.
8. In the story of the witch-wolf, explain why she wanted to marry a man.
9. Describe the secret of Brer Rabbit's laughing place.
10. What are the preposterous provisions Teenchy-Tiny duck makes to try and retrieve her bag of gold?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)