|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the little boy tell Uncle Remus he wishes he could do?
(a) jump into the briar patch.
(b) catch chickens.
2. In the tale The Little Boy and His Dogs, who does the boy kill?
(a) Brer Tarrypin.
(b) Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit.
(c) two panthers dressed as women.
(d) the bears who kidnapped his sister.
3. Who manages to get Brer Bear and his family to get out of their big, comfortable house?
(a) Brer Rabbit.
(b) Brer Buzzard.
(c) Mr. Man.
(d) Brer Polecat.
4. In the tale, Brother Fox and the White Muscadines, what happens after Brer Rabbit helps him climb a tree?
(a) he throws the Muscadines down and Brer Rabbit takes them.
(b) he eats so much that he cannot get down.
(c) the hawk comes and pushes him out of the tree.
(d) he injures himself in a fall out of the tree.
5. How does the small cricket cause the animals to run?
(a) by making a hurricane sound in their ears.
(b) by making a sound like a train coming.
(c) by making a sound like a man shooting a gun.
(d) by making a sound like a lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uncle Remus' coined term for boastful speech?
2. Who replaces Brer Rabbit as king of the creatures?
3. what social event do the little boy and Uncle Remus attend?
4. How does Brer Rabbit fool the wolf as he eats the black snake's goodies?
5. Why does Uncle Remus say the guineas stay awake all night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the third generation little boy confide to Uncle Remus about his mother?
2. Relate the explanation Uncle Remus has for the craters on the moon.
3. What is the news Uncle Remus rlates to the boy on the night of Christmas Eve?
4. What is the influence that the little boy's mother relies on in bring up the boy thereby affecting his imagination?
5. What is Uncle Remus' response when the little boy asks when once upon a time is?
6. Describe the secret of Brer Rabbit's laughing place.
7. Who is the company everyone tells the blacksmith he is going to have soon?
8. What is the outcome of Aunt Tempy's tale of Brother Rabbit Ties Mr. Lion?
9. How does Brer Bear and his family get chased out of their house?
10. What tale does Uncle Remus tell his young boy helper when the boy begins to tire of turning the grinding wheel?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)