|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Uncle Remus reinvent involving a pig named Runt?
(a) The Sky if Falling.
(b) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(c) Hansel and Gretle.
(d) The Three Little Pigs.
2. Why does Brer Fox make the tar baby?
(a) to have Brer Rabbit's curiosity get him caught.
(b) to make fun of Brer Rabbit.
(c) to decorate the Big Road.
(d) to have someone to talk to.
3. Why does the little girl release Brer Rabbit after he is caught in the garden?
(a) by giving her some rabbit candy.
(b) by telling her he was sick.
(c) by offering to dance for her amusement.
(d) by offering her a fresh carrot.
4. How does Brer Rabbit trick Brer Fox about pinning down the horse?
(a) he tells him to feed the horse apples.
(b) he tells him to tie himself to the horse's tail.
(c) he tells him to jump on the horse's back.
(d) he tells him to drive the horse into the briar patch.
5. How does Daddy Jack change Uncle Remus' story about the fox in the garden?
(a) he tells how the fox got away.
(b) he tells how the possum tricked the fox.
(c) he adds a possum to the story.
(d) he changes the fox for a possum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Uncle Remus say that Brer Bear is likely stuck in a hollow tree to this day?
2. How does Brer Rabbit get Brer Bear to take his place in Brer Fox's trap in the peanut patch?
3. For what purpose does Brer Rabbit use a cannon and a bucket of nasty slop water?
4. What does Brer Rabbit tell Brer Fox that makes him run away when he is pulled out of the well?
5. How does Brer Rabbit trick Brer Fox out of his hunting game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the similarity of the tale, How Brother Rabbit Frightened His Neighbors, to the nursery story of Henny Penny and the Falling Sky.
2. Why does Brer Fox get dragged along behind Brer Wolf?
3. In the tale, Mr. Rabbit and Mr. Bear, what does Brer Rabbit use to get himself out of Brer Fox's trap in the peanut patch?
4. How is Brer Fox caught by his appetite under the Pimmerly Plum?
5. Describe the variations on the same theme told by Uncle Remus, African Jack, and Aunt Tempy.
6. What indicates the relationship between Miss Sally and Uncle Remus?
7. In the story, The Moon in the Mill-Pond, how do Brer Rabbit and Brer Tarrypin keep the bear, the fox, and the wolf occupied while they visit Miss Meadows?
8. How do the tales, Brother Terrapin Deceives Brother Buzzard and Brother Fox Covets the Quills run together?
9. How does Uncle Remus introduce the character of Brer Rabbit to the little boy?
10. What trick does Brer Rabbit play on Brer Fox making him look foolish?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)