|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daddy Jack change Uncle Remus' story about the fox in the garden?
(a) he tells how the fox got away.
(b) he tells how the possum tricked the fox.
(c) he changes the fox for a possum.
(d) he adds a possum to the story.
2. What story does Uncle Remus reinvent involving a pig named Runt?
(a) Hansel and Gretle.
(b) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(c) The Sky if Falling.
(d) The Three Little Pigs.
3. How does Brer Possum react when attacked by the dog?
(a) he goes at the dog with tooth and claw.
(b) he falls over as though he is dead.
(c) he screams for help from Brer Coon.
(d) he runs into the brair patch.
4. Why does Uncle Remus finish the tale of Brer Rabbit and the tar baby on another night?
(a) because he cannot think of another tale.
(b) because the little boy asks him what happened.
(c) because he forgot to finish earlier.
(d) because the boy liked that tale so much.
5. Who is the main storyteller of the book?
(a) Africa Jack.
(b) Uncle Remus.
(c) Miss Sally.
(d) Brer Rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brer Rabbit get Brer Fox banished by the King Deer?
2. What does Brer Fox think Brer Rabbit is doing down in the well?
3. What animal does Brer Fox meet up with in the tale, How Brother Fox Was Too Smart?
4. Why does the little girl release Brer Rabbit after he is caught in the garden?
5. What does Tilly say about African Jack's love charm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Brer Fox caught by his appetite under the Pimmerly Plum?
2. Describe the similarity of the tale, How Brother Rabbit Frightened His Neighbors, to the nursery story of Henny Penny and the Falling Sky.
3. How does Brer Rabbit convince the fox to take his place in Mr. Man's box trap?
4. How does Uncle Remus explain the difference between Brer Rabbit and the rabbits the boy sees today.
5. What indicates the relationship between Miss Sally and Uncle Remus?
6. In the story, The Moon in the Mill-Pond, how do Brer Rabbit and Brer Tarrypin keep the bear, the fox, and the wolf occupied while they visit Miss Meadows?
7. What is Uncle Remus' explanation for the Jacky-My-Lantern?
8. What trick does Brer Rabbit play on Brer Fox making him look foolish?
9. What is the social comment Uncle Remus makes regarding Miss Goose and her relationship to white folks?
10. Describe Brer Bear's reaction when he discovers he has been hoodwinked by Brer Rabbit in the peanut patch.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)