|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brer Rabbit free Brer Fox from Mr. Man's trap?
(a) because Mr. Man goes to get the dogs.
(b) because it was only a joke.
(c) because Brer Fox cries for his family.
(d) because Mr. Man want to catch gophers.
2. How does Brer Rabbit get Brer Bear to take his place in Brer Fox's trap in the peanut patch?
(a) by telling him he gets stronger sitting in the trap.
(b) by telling him he is getting paid to be a scarecrow.
(c) by telling him he can eat all the peanuts he wants.
(d) by telling him he cannot get out of the trap.
3. What does Brer Rabbit use to keep Brer Fox from catching him in Miss Meadows' chimney?
(a) he drops on Brer Fox's head and knocks him out.
(b) he climbs out the top and jumps off the roof.
(c) he spits rabbit tobacco in his eye.
(d) he tosses down soot from the chimney.
4. What does Brer Rabbit eat up while the other animals are working?
(a) the butter.
(b) the cake.
(c) the salad.
(d) the carrots.
5. How does Brer Tarrypin get Brer Buzzard's quills?
(a) by hiding in Brer Buzzard's nest.
(b) by pulling him into the pond.
(c) by snatching them when Brer Buzzard sleeps.
(d) by burning him in a fire.
6. How does Brer Rabbit trick Brer Fox out of his hunting game?
(a) by exchanging the game bag for a bag of rocks.
(b) by playing dead causing Brer Fox to put down his bag.
(c) by telling Brer Fox where there is bigger game.
(d) by claiming that the bag is poisonous.
7. What is African Jack's version of the hungry rabbit and wolf?
(a) they eat their grandmothers' food.
(b) they sell their grandmothers.
(c) they wrestle to eat each other.
(d) they plan to eat their grandmothers.
8. In the absence of Uncle Remus, who tells the little boy tales?
(a) Miss Sally.
(b) Aunt Tempy.
(c) African Jack.
9. What does Uncle Remus say is the most amazing thing about the tale of Brer Rabbit and Mr. Man's money?
(a) that Brer Rabbit had any use for money at all.
(b) the Mr. Man was too stupid to know what Brer Rabbit was up to.
(c) that Brer Rabbit didn't end up with the horses and wagon, too.
(d) that Brer Rabbit was able to find the money later.
10. Why is Brer Rabbit safe in the briar patch?
(a) because he isn't allergic to briars.
(b) because he was born and grew up there.
(c) because he knows a secret passage there.
(d) because he has heavy clothes on.
11. What does Aunt Tempy think about African Jack's talk about spirits?
(a) she hopes never to be haunted.
(b) she thinks African Jack is stupid.
(c) she remembers ghosts she has seen.
(d) she wants to find a ghost to talk to.
12. What lie does Brer Rabbit tell Mr. Man to trick him out of his meat?
(a) that it smells and Mr. Man must drag it behind him.
(b) that the meat is really buzzard meat.
(c) that it was poisoned by Brer Buzzard.
(d) that Brer Wolf smells it and is coming to get it.
13. How does Brer Tarrypin fool Brer Fox into letting go of his tail?
(a) he tells Brer Fox to grab his shell.
(b) he tells Brer Fox he is holding onto a root.
(c) he tells Brer Fox he is about to bite off his tail.
(d) he tells Brer Fox to jump into the pond.
14. For what purpose does Brer Rabbit use a cannon and a bucket of nasty slop water?
(a) to chase off the dog.
(b) to wake up Brer Bear.
(c) to get possession of a mansion.
(d) to scare off Miss Meadows' girls.
15. What trick does Brer Tarrypin use to make himself look stronger than Brer Bear?
(a) in a lifting contest, Tarrypin does his lift in the water.
(b) in an arm wrestling contest, Tarrypin uses his teeth.
(c) in a rope pulling contest, Tarrypin ties his end to a log.
(d) in a throwing contest, Tarrypin throws a sparrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Brer Rabbit give for stopping work on the corn patch?
2. Why does Brer Terrapin call for a fire test after the rabbit's children are eaten?
3. Why does Uncle Remus say that Brer Bear is likely stuck in a hollow tree to this day?
4. Why does Brer Rabbit trick Brer Fox into raising is leg and yelling, "Wahoo"?
5. How does Brer Rabbit avoid capture by Brer Bear after he gets out of Brer Fox's trap?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)