|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, Seven Tales of Uncle Remus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Brer Fox give Brer Rabbit for having a meeting?
(a) to have a confab.
(b) to share a meal.
(c) to play a trick on Brer Bear.
(d) to plan a trip.
2. What does Aunt Tempy think about African Jack's talk about spirits?
(a) she thinks African Jack is stupid.
(b) she remembers ghosts she has seen.
(c) she hopes never to be haunted.
(d) she wants to find a ghost to talk to.
3. How does Brer Rabbit avoid capture by Brer Bear after he gets out of Brer Fox's trap?
(a) by putting on his wife's dress.
(b) by hiding in a mudhole pretending to be a frog.
(c) by running to Miss Meadows' house.
(d) by jumping into the briar patch.
4. When the dog chases the fox, what does Brer Fox believe?
(a) that Miss Sally set the dog on him.
(b) that the dog was a friend of the goose.
(c) that the dog was hiding under the bed.
(d) that Brer Rabbit set the dog on him.
5. According to Uncle Remus, which character are both Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox sweet on?
(a) Miss Sally.
(b) Miss Meadows' younger daughter.
(c) Miss Meadows.
(d) the King Deer's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brer Rabbit say he is running away from Brer Wolf and the gold mine?
2. What does Uncle Remus say to the boy after the tale of the Doodang and he still wishes he could fly?
3. What causes Brer Fox to fall into the pond?
4. What does the little boy's mother think about Uncle Remus' stories?
5. What does Uncle Remus show the little boy made of red velvet?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)