|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Nights with Uncle Remus, 1 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Uncle Remus reinvent involving a pig named Runt?
(a) The Sky if Falling.
(b) The Three Little Pigs.
(c) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(d) Hansel and Gretle.
2. How does Brer Rabbit get Brer Fox's grandfather to go help get Brer Fox out of the bee gum?
(a) a riddle.
(b) a big bell.
(c) a map.
(d) a loud horn.
3. Why does Brer Fox make the tar baby?
(a) to decorate the Big Road.
(b) to make fun of Brer Rabbit.
(c) to have Brer Rabbit's curiosity get him caught.
(d) to have someone to talk to.
4. What becomes of the blacksmith that made a deal with the Devil which prevented him from both Heaven and Hell?
(a) he roams the earth as a Jacky-my-lantern.
(b) he becomes an owl that never dies.
(c) he eats little children who go out at night.
(d) he flies like a bat at night.
5. Who is the main storyteller of the book?
(a) Uncle Remus.
(b) Africa Jack.
(c) Brer Rabbit.
(d) Miss Sally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brer Rabbit tell Brer Fox that makes him run away when he is pulled out of the well?
2. What trick does Brer Tarrypin use to make himself look stronger than Brer Bear?
3. How does Brer Rabbit make dust from a rock?
4. What excuse does Brer Fox give Brer Rabbit for having a meeting?
5. What causes Brer Fox to fall into the pond?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)