|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Nights with Uncle Remus, 1 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brer Rabbit gain entry into a wonderful garden?
(a) he tricks a little girl into unlocking the gate.
(b) he gets the eagle to fly him over the wall.
(c) he dashes in when the man opens the gate.
(d) he digs a tunnel under the fence.
2. How does Brer Possum react when attacked by the dog?
(a) he screams for help from Brer Coon.
(b) he falls over as though he is dead.
(c) he runs into the brair patch.
(d) he goes at the dog with tooth and claw.
3. How does Brer Rabbit get revenge on Brer Wolf?
(a) he locks him in a chest and pours hot water on him.
(b) he causes a quarrel between him and Brer Fox.
(c) he gets him caught in the briar patch.
(d) he calls in help from the dogs.
4. What tale of Uncle Remus is likely the most cruel?
(a) The Sad Fate of Mr. Fox.
(b) Brer Bear and the Tarrypin.
(c) Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby.
(d) Brer Rabbit and the Butter.
5. How does Brer Rabbit get Brer Fox's grandfather to go help get Brer Fox out of the bee gum?
(a) a loud horn.
(b) a riddle.
(c) a big bell.
(d) a map.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Uncle Remus finish the tale of Brer Rabbit and the tar baby on another night?
2. How does Brer Rabbit make dust from a rock?
3. Why is Brer Rabbit safe in the briar patch?
4. For what purpose does Brer Rabbit use a cannon and a bucket of nasty slop water?
5. When the dog chases the fox, what does Brer Fox believe?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)