|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Nights with Uncle Remus, 13 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the little girl release Brer Rabbit after he is caught in the garden?
(a) by telling her he was sick.
(b) by offering to dance for her amusement.
(c) by offering her a fresh carrot.
(d) by giving her some rabbit candy.
2. For what purpose does Brer Rabbit use a cannon and a bucket of nasty slop water?
(a) to chase off the dog.
(b) to scare off Miss Meadows' girls.
(c) to wake up Brer Bear.
(d) to get possession of a mansion.
3. What animal does Uncle Remus mimic by saying, I-doom-er-ker-du-mer-ker?
(a) the crow.
(b) the Mud Terkle.
(c) the frog.
(d) the terrapin.
4. How does Brer Wolf end his fight with Brer Fox?
(a) by clogging the hole where Brer Fox is hiding.
(b) by biting off Brer Fox's head.
(c) by tossing Brer Fox into the pond.
(d) by tying him to a hollow tree.
5. What fool's errand does Brer Tarrypin put Brer Fox, Brer Bear, and Brer Wolf up to?
(a) trying to get honey out of a wasp nest.
(b) trying to eat sour grapes.
(c) trying to seine the reflection of the moon out of the pond.
(d) trying to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers Brer Tarrypin by saying, "knee deep"?
2. What does Brer Rabbit trick Brer Fox into doing to go to Miss Meadows' house?
3. What does Benjamin Ram do to frighten away the wolves?
4. What upsets the little boy about the possum and the missing butter?
5. How does Brer Rabbit gain entry into a wonderful garden?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)