|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Nights with Uncle Remus, 13 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answers Brer Tarrypin by saying, "knee deep"?
(a) the frogs.
(b) Miss Meadow's girls.
(c) the dog.
(d) Brer Rabbit.
2. How does Brer Possum react when attacked by the dog?
(a) he falls over as though he is dead.
(b) he screams for help from Brer Coon.
(c) he runs into the brair patch.
(d) he goes at the dog with tooth and claw.
3. Why does Uncle Remus finish the tale of Brer Rabbit and the tar baby on another night?
(a) because he forgot to finish earlier.
(b) because he cannot think of another tale.
(c) because the little boy asks him what happened.
(d) because the boy liked that tale so much.
4. What excuse does Brer Rabbit give for stopping work on the corn patch?
(a) he pretends to have a bad back.
(b) he offers to go bring food to the workers.
(c) he says he hears his family calling.
(d) he claims to have a thorn in his hand.
5. Who is the main storyteller of the book?
(a) Africa Jack.
(b) Brer Rabbit.
(c) Miss Sally.
(d) Uncle Remus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Brer Rabbit tell Mr. Man to trick him out of his meat?
2. How does Brer Tarrypin get Brer Buzzard's quills?
3. What trick of Brer Possum fails to save Brer Fox for the Man's whip?
4. Why does Miss Sally write out a pass for Uncle Remus?
5. What becomes of the blacksmith that made a deal with the Devil which prevented him from both Heaven and Hell?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)