|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Tales of Uncle Remus and Brer Rabbit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells a slightly different story about the lion from Aunt Tempy's story?
(a) Miss Sally.
(b) Uncle Remus.
(c) Daddy Jack.
2. How does Brer Rabbit trick Brer Fox about pinning down the horse?
(a) he tells him to drive the horse into the briar patch.
(b) he tells him to feed the horse apples.
(c) he tells him to tie himself to the horse's tail.
(d) he tells him to jump on the horse's back.
3. What story does Uncle Remus reinvent involving a pig named Runt?
(a) The Three Little Pigs.
(b) The Sky if Falling.
(c) Hansel and Gretle.
(d) Jack and the Beanstalk.
4. Which animal was the only one not tricked out of the butter by Brer Weasel?
(a) Brer Bear.
(b) Brer Tarrypin.
(c) Brer Rabbit.
(d) Brer Possum.
5. How does Brer Rabbit cause the other critters' plan to trap him to backfire?
(a) he brings his fiddle along and plays a tune for them.
(b) he plays along and then runs away fast as a horse.
(c) he overhears them and tricks them into going to Miss Meadows's house.
(d) he challenges them to a dance off contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What curious question does the little boy ask about the beginnings of the tales?
2. What gives Brer Rabbit the idea to play a trick with a barrel of hot water?
3. How does Uncle Remus describe the buzzard's breakfast of dead hawk?
4. What causes Brer Rabbit to roll in the leaves and look like a monster?
5. For what purpose does Brer Rabbit use a cannon and a bucket of nasty slop water?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)