|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Tales of Uncle Remus and Brer Rabbit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit of the goose does the little boy ask Uncle Remus about?
(a) standing on one leg.
(b) chasing dogs.
(c) taking in washing.
(d) biting small boys.
2. All covered with leaves, what does Brer Rabbit call out to scare Brer Fox and Brer Wolf?
3. What does Benjamin Ram do to frighten away the wolves?
(a) roars like a lion.
(b) plays his fiddle.
(c) yells for Brer Bear.
(d) kicks up his heels.
4. How does Uncle Remus describe the buzzard's breakfast of dead hawk?
(a) as a plan that worked.
(b) as a round about way of eating chicken.
(c) as a justice done.
(d) as a meal that tasted just like chicken.
5. According to Aunt Tempy, how does the wolf get into the meeting of the horned cattle?
(a) by disguising himself as a horned cow.
(b) by disgusing himself as a rabbit.
(c) by bringing salt blocks to the meeting.
(d) by disguising himself as a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message of "The Creetures Go to the Barbecue"?
2. What is the disguise that Brer Fox uses to scare the other animals from the watering hole?
3. What does Mr. Lion look like when he gets out of the barrel?
4. How does Uncle Remus excuse Brer Rabbit for hideous behavior with Granny Wolf?
5. Why does the little girl release Brer Rabbit after he is caught in the garden?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)