|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parker have all over the front of his body?
(a) A burn.
(b) A rash.
2. What was Parker initially intrigued by his wife?
(a) Her religion.
(b) She ignored his advances.
(c) Her beautiful dark hair.
(d) Her meekness.
3. What so-called disease does the girl Thomas’s mother helps have in “The Comforts of Home”?
(c) “Hypremesis gravidarum.”
4. Who is at Tilman’s house when he returns?
(a) His wife and son.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His neighbors.
5. Who steps out of the black car in “The Displaced Person”?
(a) Mr. Shortley.
(b) A displaced family.
(c) Mrs. Cope.
(d) Mrs. Shortley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the grandfather in “A View of the Woods”?
2. Who does Mrs. McIntyre decide to fire?
3. How does the girl in “The Comforts of Home” treat Thomas?
4. What happens to Mrs. Shortley?
5. Who does the bull in “Greenleaf” kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the old man wish to be buried in “You Can’t Be Any Poorer Than Dead”?
2. What does Mrs. Turpin do in the waiting room?
3. Why is the father irritated with his son in “The Lame Shall Enter First”?
4. Why does Mrs. May want the bull removed from her pasture?
5. Why doesn’t the grandson in “The Artificial Nigger” ever want to travel to the city again?
6. How does O’Connor get her title for “The Comforts of Home”?
7. Who is supposed to shoot the bull in “Greanleaf”?
8. Why is Parker initially attracted to his wife?
9. Where does Calhoun find Singelton?
10. How are the two teenage girls in “A Temple of the Holy Ghost” hypocritical?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)