|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two teenage girls in “A Temple of the Holy Ghost” call themselves?
(a) Emma and Jane.
(b) Temple One and Temple Two.
(d) Lady One and Lady Two.
2. Who does the bull in “Greenleaf” belong to?
(a) The Greenleaf twins.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Mrs. May.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Greanleaf.
3. How old is Francis Tarwater?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
4. Who does Thomas’s mother help?
(b) A girl who was thrown in jail for bouncing a check.
(c) Her neighbors who are ill with influenza.
(d) The church people.
5. Where does Rufus Johnson go to live once he’s released from the reformatory?
(a) In the apartment above the grocer’s.
(b) With his parents.
(c) To his grandparents.
(d) With Sheppard and Norton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the front door in “Good Country People”?
2. What happens to Mrs. Shortley?
3. How does the girl in “The Comforts of Home” treat Thomas?
4. What are Norton and Rufus both interested in?
5. Where does Calhoun find them when he arrives to visit someone in “The Partridge Festival”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the old man wish to be buried in “You Can’t Be Any Poorer Than Dead”?
2. What does Mrs. Turpin do in the waiting room?
3. Why does Tarwater destroy all evidence of his former life and move away?
4. What happens to Mr. Tilman?
5. Why does Mrs. May want the bull removed from her pasture?
6. Why does Calhoun visit his great-aunts?
7. How are the two teenage girls in “A Temple of the Holy Ghost” hypocritical?
8. Why is Parker initially attracted to his wife?
9. What happens to Mary Fortune?
10. Why does the conman steal the daughter’s artificial leg?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)