|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Julian and his mother go on Wednesday nights?
(a) To the Y for an exercise class.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To church.
(d) To town.
2. From what age has Mr. Head reared his grandson?
3. How old is the grandfather in “A View of the Woods”?
(a) 50 years old.
(b) 43 years old.
(c) 79 years old.
(d) 55 years old.
4. Where do the girls in “A Temple of the Holy Ghost” go with the boys on a date?
(a) To the roller-rink.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the fair.
(d) To a diner.
5. Who steps out of the black car in “The Displaced Person”?
(a) Mrs. Shortley.
(b) Mrs. Cope.
(c) Mr. Shortley.
(d) A displaced family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parker have on his back by the end of “Parker’s Back”?
2. Who believes that Thomas and the girl were scheming all along to kill his mother?
3. Who has a stroke in “Why Do the Heathen Rage”?
4. Where is Asbury going?
5. What happens to Mrs. Shortley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. May want the bull removed from her pasture?
2. What happens to Mary Fortune?
3. Why does Thomas hide the gun in the guest room?
4. Where does Calhoun find Singelton?
5. Why does Asbury ask his mother to call for the priest?
6. Why is Mary George irritated with her brother?
7. What does Rufus do to the neighbors?
8. What happens at the end of “The Displaced Person”? How is it an example of irony?
9. Which character has the keenest sense of observation in “A Temple of the Holy Ghost”?
10. How does O’Connor get her title for “The Comforts of Home”?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)