|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much education does Joy have?
(a) Secondary school education.
(b) She has a PhD.
(c) A college education.
(d) An elementary school education.
2. What does Sheppard buy the boys?
(a) Fishing poles.
(b) A football.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A greenhouse.
3. What does Dr. Block tell Asbury?
(a) That he is not dying.
(b) That his mother is not dying.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That he is not a genius.
4. Who does the bull in “Greenleaf” belong to?
(a) The Greenleaf twins.
(b) Mrs. May.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Greanleaf.
(d) The neighbors.
5. What does Joy take off?
(a) Her artificial leg.
(b) Her glasses.
(c) Her wig.
(d) Her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Calhoun?
2. Who are Mr. and Mrs. Greenleaf?
3. Who does Mr. Head live with?
4. Who started the Partridge Festival?
5. Who is disgusted with Asbury?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. May want the bull removed from her pasture?
2. Why doesn’t the grandson in “The Artificial Nigger” ever want to travel to the city again?
3. What happens to Mr. Tilman?
4. How are the two teenage girls in “A Temple of the Holy Ghost” hypocritical?
5. How does O’Connor get her title for “The Comforts of Home”?
6. Who is supposed to shoot the bull in “Greanleaf”?
7. What is the cause of Mrs. McIntyre’s poor decision-making?
8. Why does the grandfather in “A View of the Woods” sell parcels of his land?
9. Why is Mary George irritated with her brother?
10. What happens to Mary Fortune?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)