|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Madam Zoleeda?
(a) Rufus’s prostitute.
(b) The palmist on highway 87.
(c) Ruby's best friend.
(d) The woman who owns the local saloon.
2. What does Hazel Motes purchase from the baker?
(a) A potato peeler.
3. How old is Lucynell’s daughter?
4. Who reappears in “The Heart of the Park”?
(a) Old Gabriel.
(b) Hazel Motes.
(c) Mrs. Willerton.
(d) Enoch Emery.
5. In “The River”, why do the characters head down to the river?
(a) To launder clothes.
(b) To fish.
(c) To bathe.
(d) To hear the preacher and watch baptisms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Cope?
2. Who takes the turkey from Ruller?
3. What season is it in “The Heart of the Park”?
4. What does Old Gabriel think he can smell?
5. How is Rufus connected to Ruby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Leora?
2. Why does Hazel Wickers keep thinking about his mother?
3. Why doesn’t the hitchhiker ride with Mr. Shiflet when he pulls over for him?
4. Why does Enoch steal the gorilla suit?
5. How does O’Connor use foreshadowing in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
6. How does Mr. Shiflet convince the widow of his sincerity?
7. Why is Ruller so proud to bring the turkey home to his family?
8. Who is Rabie?
9. What does Enoch Emery’s daily routine consist of?
10. How does Mrs. Willerton feel about her daily life?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)