|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the boy in “The River”?
(a) An infant.
2. Who does Mr. Shiflit marry?
(a) He does not marry anyone.
(c) The diner waitress.
(d) Lucynell’s daughter.
3. What does Sally want her grandfather to attend?
(a) His grandson’s graduation ceremony.
(b) Her wedding.
(c) Her baptism.
(d) Her college graduation ceremony.
4. What disappoints Old Dudley at the end of the story?
(a) He burned the roast he was cooking.
(b) The geranium is not in the window.
(c) He dislikes his bedroom.
(d) His friends never visit him anymore.
5. What does Enoch Emery borrow from his landlord?
(a) Her umbrella.
(b) Her rain galoshes.
(c) Her rain slicker.
(d) Her rain hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In “The Peeler”, what is the yellow-haired boy’s name?
2. What does the grandmother have hiding under the newspaper in the backseat in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
3. In the short story “Enoch and the Gorilla”, what does the sign on the truck advertise?
4. What does Emery order at the diner in “Enoch and the Gorilla”?
5. In the beginning of “The Barbar”, what is Rayber reminiscing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Shiflet convince the widow of his sincerity?
2. Though General Sash does not want to go to his granddaughter’s graduation, why does he agree to anyhow?
3. What is O’Connor’s message in “The River”?
4. How does O’Connor use foreshadowing in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
5. Why is Hazel Motes reluctant to befriend Enoch Emery?
6. What does Mrs. Willerton wish that she had more time for?
7. Who is Rabie?
8. Why is Ruller so proud to bring the turkey home to his family?
9. Why doesn’t the grandmother want to drive through Georgia in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
10. How is the General dying at the commencement a form of irony?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)