|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Old Dudley live with?
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
2. What is Old Gabriel afraid of?
(a) A wildcat.
(b) Being robbed.
(c) Rats in his cabin.
(d) Going hungry.
3. How many children are traveling with the grandmother and her son in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
4. After the family rolls their car in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”, what do the men in the passing car have?
(d) A tow truck.
5. Who is John Wesley?
(a) Sally’s son who is graduating from college.
(b) A boy that Sash thinks of as his own son.
(c) A boy that Sally has arranged to wheel General Sash to the stage.
(d) Sally’s brother who no longer speaks to General Sash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to General Sash during the ceremony?
2. Who helps Old Dudley up the stairs?
3. What does the baker accuse the red-haired girl and the blind man of doing in “The Peeler”?
4. Who’s cabin does Mr. Shiflit walk to?
5. Old Gabriel is _________?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Enoch Emery’s daily routine consist of?
2. Why does Rayber change barbers?
3. Why is the man in the gorilla suit irritated with Enoch?
4. What does Mrs. Willerton wish that she had more time for?
5. Why does Rayber’s old barber call him a “mother hubbard”?
6. How is the General dying at the commencement a form of irony?
7. Why does Enoch steal the gorilla suit?
8. How does Mr. Shiflet convince the widow of his sincerity?
9. What dismays Ruby about Rufus choosing collard greens as his something “special” that she will make for him?
10. How does O’Connor use foreshadowing in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)