|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In “The Peeler”, what is the yellow-haired boy’s name?
(a) Hazel Motes.
(b) Enoch Emery.
(c) Old Gabriel.
(d) He isn’t given a name.
2. How many children does the babysitter have in “The River”?
3. Who is John Wesley?
(a) A boy that Sash thinks of as his own son.
(b) Sally’s brother who no longer speaks to General Sash.
(c) Sally’s son who is graduating from college.
(d) A boy that Sally has arranged to wheel General Sash to the stage.
4. Ruby’s physical shape is compared to a ________?
(a) Funeral urn.
5. How old is Lucynell’s daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the babysitter pick up the boy in “The River”?
2. Whom does Mrs. Willerton become in her own story?
3. What does Madam Zoleeda tell Ruby?
4. Who does Mr. Shiflit marry?
5. Who is Madam Zoleeda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys invade the farm, despite the widow asking them to leave in “A Circle in the Fire”?
2. Why is it ironic that the young boy’s parents are going to the river to the baptisms in “The River”?
3. Why doesn’t the hitchhiker ride with Mr. Shiflet when he pulls over for him?
4. How does Mrs. Willerton feel about her daily life?
5. Why doesn’t the grandmother want to drive through Georgia in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
6. Who is Rabie?
7. Why does Hazel Wickers keep thinking about his mother?
8. What does Mrs. Willerton wish that she had more time for?
9. Why does Enoch steal the gorilla suit?
10. What is Old Gabriel afraid of besides the wildcat?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)