|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Shiflit running to?
2. What do the boys do in the woods behind the farm in “A Circle in the Fire”?
(a) Dig a hole.
(b) Swim in the water tank and then start a fire.
(c) Kills farm animals.
(d) Run away.
3. What does the grandmother have hiding under the newspaper in the backseat in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
(a) A flask.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Her rosary beads.
(d) Her dog.
4. Who is Mrs. Cope?
(a) The grandmother of the farm owner.
(b) The owner of the farm.
(c) The hired-hand’s wife.
(d) The neighbor.
5. What time does the babysitter pick up the boy in “The River”?
(a) At noon.
(b) Five o’clock in the morning.
(c) Six o’clock in the evening.
(d) Six o’clock in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enoch Emery discover inside the museum?
2. How old is General Sash?
3. Where does “The Heart of the Park” take place?
4. Who does Mr. Shiflit marry?
5. What happens to General Sash during the ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is O’Connor’s message in “The River”?
2. Why does Enoch steal the gorilla suit?
3. How do the boys invade the farm, despite the widow asking them to leave in “A Circle in the Fire”?
4. Why is Ruller so proud to bring the turkey home to his family?
5. What does Old Dudley think about New York?
6. What dismays Ruby about Rufus choosing collard greens as his something “special” that she will make for him?
7. Who is Leora?
8. Why is the man in the gorilla suit irritated with Enoch?
9. How does Mr. Shiflet convince the widow of his sincerity?
10. What does Enoch Emery’s daily routine consist of?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)