|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parker have all over the front of his body?
(b) A rash.
(d) A burn.
2. Where do the girls in “A Temple of the Holy Ghost” go with the boys on a date?
(a) To a diner.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the roller-rink.
(d) To the fair.
3. Who does the mother realize Walter’s book is about?
(b) The Disciples.
4. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Greenleaf have?
(a) No children.
5. Where do Julian and his mother go on Wednesday nights?
(a) To the Y for an exercise class.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To town.
(d) To church.
6. What does the grandfather in “A View of the Woods” sell?
(a) Livestock from his farm.
(b) Small plots of land from his farm.
(c) Bootlegged alcohol.
7. At the end of “The Artificial Nigger”, what does Nelson vow?
(a) To never leave his tickets on the train again.
(b) To never go to the sea again.
(c) To never travel with Mr. Head again.
(d) To never return to the city again.
8. Who does the bull in “Greenleaf” belong to?
(a) Mrs. May.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The Greenleaf twins.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Greanleaf.
9. Why is Julian embarrassed by his mother?
(a) She is patronizing and prejudice against the African Americans on the bus.
(b) She falls and her teeth splay out of her mouth.
(c) She insists on holding his hand.
(d) She gets drunk at dinner and is insulting to everyone.
10. What is Asbury convinced of?
(a) That his sister is evil.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That he is a genius.
(d) That his mother is dying.
11. What animals does Mrs. Turpin water at the end of “Revelation”?
12. What does Mrs. Greenleaf do with the articles she cuts out from the newspaper?
(a) She buries them in the woods.
(b) She burns them in the fireplace.
(c) She irons them and places them in a bureau drawer.
(d) She puts them in a scrapbook binder.
13. Where is Parker sitting in “Parker’s Back”?
(a) On his front porch.
(b) On his back porch.
(c) In his truck.
(d) In the kitchen.
14. What does Mrs. Turpin do in the waiting room?
(a) Read her Bible murmuring prayers under her breath.
(b) Prattles on and on, boring and irritating all of the others that are waiting.
(d) Passes out cookies to all of the other patients in the waiting room.
15. What does Asbury do that is strictly against his mother’s rules?
(a) Drink beer.
(b) Sip freshly drawn milk and smoke.
(d) Take ladies for the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Calhoun interested in?
2. What or whom is Parker looking at?
3. Who tries to get Francis to live with him after he is orphaned?
4. Who has a stroke in “Why Do the Heathen Rage”?
5. What happened to Claud’s leg?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)