|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Calhoun trying to vindicate?
(b) His mother.
(d) Calhoun’s great grandfather.
2. What does Dr. Block tell Asbury?
(a) That his mother is not dying.
(b) That he is not dying.
(c) That he is not a genius.
(d) That he is dying.
3. What is stolen from Joy?
(a) Her artificial leg.
(b) Her virginity.
(c) Her wig.
(d) Her clothes.
4. What is Asbury convinced of?
(a) That his sister is evil.
(b) That he is a genius.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That his mother is dying.
5. Who does Mr. Head live with?
(a) Nelson, his son.
(b) Nelson, his grandson.
(c) Nelson, his brother.
(d) Nelson, his father.
6. What are Norton and Rufus both interested in?
7. Who is Mrs. Shortley?
(a) The wife of the hired hand.
(b) A widow.
(c) The displaced person.
(d) The farm owner.
8. What does Julian’s mother wear on the bus?
(b) White gloves.
(c) A red dress.
(d) A purple hat.
9. Where do Mary and her family live in “A View of the Woods”?
(a) In the city.
(b) On the farm next to her grandfather.
(c) On the farm with her grandfather.
(d) Across town from her grandfather.
10. Where do Joy and the Bible salesman go?
(a) To Georgia.
(b) To the bedroom.
(c) They don’t go anywhere.
(d) To the hayloft in the barn.
11. What does Asbury do that is strictly against his mother’s rules?
(a) Sip freshly drawn milk and smoke.
(c) Take ladies for the night.
(d) Drink beer.
12. What happens to the girl in the waiting room in “Revelation”?
(a) She’s escorted away by the police.
(b) Nothing, she sits back down.
(c) She has a seizure and is taken away in an ambulance.
(d) She runs away.
13. Who does the bull in “Greenleaf” belong to?
(a) Mrs. May.
(b) The Greenleaf twins.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Greanleaf.
(d) The neighbors.
14. Where does Calhoun find them when he arrives to visit someone in “The Partridge Festival”?
(a) Sitting on the front porch.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Grocery shopping.
(d) Bathing at the river.
15. Who does Norton live with?
(a) Nelson, his brother.
(b) Nella, his sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Calhoun interested in?
2. How old is Francis Tarwater?
3. Who does Thomas accidentally shoot?
4. Who are Mr. and Mrs. Greenleaf?
5. What does the grandfather in “A View of the Woods” sell?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)