|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is disgusted with Asbury?
(a) The priest.
(b) His sister, Mary George.
(c) The professor.
(d) His mother, Emme Lee.
2. Where do Mary and her family live in “A View of the Woods”?
(a) In the city.
(b) Across town from her grandfather.
(c) On the farm next to her grandfather.
(d) On the farm with her grandfather.
3. Where do the two fourteen year-old girls in “A Temple of the Holy Ghost” attend school?
(a) The local Catholic convent.
(b) They no longer attend school.
(c) In Mobile.
(d) The local public school.
4. What does Thomas hide in the guest room in the hopes that the girl will find it?
(b) A revolver.
(c) A dead cat.
(d) A fish.
5. Who tries to get Francis to live with him after he is orphaned?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His schoolteacher.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) His grandmother.
6. How old is Mr. Head?
7. What is the girl’s real name in “The Comforts of Home”?
(a) Raylee Jones.
(b) Star Drake.
(c) Sarah Hamm.
(d) Ruth Hampton.
8. What does Parker have all over the front of his body?
(c) A rash.
(d) A burn.
9. How much education does Joy have?
(a) A college education.
(b) She has a PhD.
(c) An elementary school education.
(d) Secondary school education.
10. Who does Mr. Head live with?
(a) Nelson, his brother.
(b) Nelson, his father.
(c) Nelson, his grandson.
(d) Nelson, his son.
11. Who started the Partridge Festival?
(a) Calhoun’s great grandfather.
(b) Calhoun’s great grandfather’s nemesis.
(c) Calhoun’s great grandmother.
(d) This information is never given.
12. Who steps out of the black car in “The Displaced Person”?
(a) Mrs. Cope.
(b) A displaced family.
(c) Mr. Shortley.
(d) Mrs. Shortley.
13. What do Mr. Head and his grandson forget on the train?
(a) Their tickets.
(b) Their umbrellas.
(c) Their sack lunches.
(d) Their hats.
14. What do the teenagers on a date in “A Temple of the Holy Ghost” see in the “freak show” tent?
(a) A little person.
(b) A hermaphrodite.
(c) A giant man.
(d) A bearded lady.
15. How many grandchildren are in “A View of the Woods”?
(d) There are no grandchildren in this story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two teenage girls in “A Temple of the Holy Ghost” call themselves?
2. What animals does Mrs. Turpin water at the end of “Revelation”?
3. Who does the bull in “Greenleaf” belong to?
4. Where does the stroke happen in “Why Do the Heathen Rage”?
5. What happened to Claud’s leg?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)