|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mrs. Turpin in the waiting room?
(a) An eighteen-year-old girl gets tired of hearing her and finally erupts in a fit, throwing a book at her.
(b) She faints.
(c) She drops her plate of cookies.
(d) A girl snatches her Bible and rips it in two.
2. What animals does Mrs. Turpin water at the end of “Revelation”?
3. Who does Julian live with?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Mrs. May see out her window?
(a) A bull grazing.
(b) Her front yard vandalized.
(c) A fire behind the barn.
(d) Strangers lurking in the pastures.
5. How old is Thomas?
(a) Thirty-five years old.
(b) Thirty years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Twenty-five years old.
6. Where does Calhoun find them when he arrives to visit someone in “The Partridge Festival”?
(a) Sitting on the front porch.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Grocery shopping.
(d) Bathing at the river.
7. What do Mr. Head and his grandson forget on the train?
(a) Their tickets.
(b) Their umbrellas.
(c) Their sack lunches.
(d) Their hats.
8. What does Asbury do that is strictly against his mother’s rules?
(a) Drink beer.
(b) Take ladies for the night.
(c) Sip freshly drawn milk and smoke.
9. What does Mrs. Greenleaf do with the articles she cuts out from the newspaper?
(a) She burns them in the fireplace.
(b) She buries them in the woods.
(c) She irons them and places them in a bureau drawer.
(d) She puts them in a scrapbook binder.
10. What does Mrs. Turpin do in the waiting room?
(a) Read her Bible murmuring prayers under her breath.
(b) Passes out cookies to all of the other patients in the waiting room.
(d) Prattles on and on, boring and irritating all of the others that are waiting.
11. Who finds out about who Mrs. McIntyre intends to fire before it is done in “The Displaced Person”?
(a) Mr. McIntyre.
(b) Mr. Shortley.
(c) The priest.
(d) Mrs. Shortley.
12. What does Thomas hide in the guest room in the hopes that the girl will find it?
(a) A fish.
(c) A dead cat.
(d) A revolver.
13. What is Asbury convinced of?
(a) That he is a genius.
(b) That his sister is evil.
(c) That his mother is dying.
(d) That he is dying.
14. What happens to Mrs. Shortley?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She has a massive stroke.
(c) She breaks her leg.
(d) She has a heart attack.
15. Where does Sheppard work on Saturdays?
(a) At the grocer’s.
(b) At the reformatory.
(c) At the farm stand.
(d) At the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thomas accidentally shoot?
2. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Greenleaf have?
3. What happened to Claud’s leg?
4. Who does Thomas live with?
5. Who does Mrs. McIntyre decide to fire?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)