|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Willerton become in her own story?
(a) Lot’s wife.
(b) She does not become part of her story.
(c) Lot’s sister.
(d) Lot’s brother.
2. Old Gabriel is _________?
3. Who’s cabin does Mr. Shiflit walk to?
(a) His mother’s.
(b) His sister’s.
(c) Emma Macabee’s.
(d) Lucynell Carter’s.
4. What are the red-haired girl and the blind man doing in “The Peeler”?
(a) Holding hands an observing passersby.
(b) Selling bread loaves.
(c) Heckling people.
(d) Handing out religious pamphlets.
5. Where is Old Dudley living?
(d) New York.
6. How many children are traveling with the grandmother and her son in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
7. How old is General Sash?
8. How is Rufus connected to Ruby?
(a) Rufus is Ruby’s older brother.
(b) Rufus is Ruby’s husband.
(c) Rufus is Ruby’s baby brother.
(d) Rufus is Ruby’s son.
9. Who does Old Dudley live with?
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
10. What does Mr. Shiflit get running?
(a) The generator.
(b) The tractor.
(c) The icebox.
(d) The old car.
11. Who is Madam Zoleeda?
(a) The woman who owns the local saloon.
(b) Rufus’s prostitute.
(c) The palmist on highway 87.
(d) Ruby's best friend.
12. What do the boys do in the woods behind the farm in “A Circle in the Fire”?
(a) Kills farm animals.
(b) Swim in the water tank and then start a fire.
(c) Dig a hole.
(d) Run away.
13. What time does the babysitter pick up the boy in “The River”?
(a) Six o’clock in the evening.
(b) Five o’clock in the morning.
(c) At noon.
(d) Six o’clock in the morning.
14. Where does Emery go for something to eat in “Enoch and the Gorilla”?
(a) The churro cart.
(b) The Paris Diner.
(c) To the grocer.
(d) To his apartment.
15. Who tries to befriend Hazel Motes?
(a) The blind man.
(b) Enoch Emery.
(c) The baker.
(d) The red-haired girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Gabriel think he can smell?
2. In “A Circle in the Fire,” who is always looking out from the upstairs window?
3. What disappoints Old Dudley at the end of the story?
4. What does Enoch Emery discover inside the museum?
5. How old is Sally Poker Sash?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)