|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emery go for something to eat in “Enoch and the Gorilla”?
(a) To the grocer.
(b) The churro cart.
(c) To his apartment.
(d) The Paris Diner.
2. How old is Ruller?
3. How old is Lucynell’s daughter?
4. What season is it in “The Heart of the Park”?
5. Who does Mr. Shiflit marry?
(b) Lucynell’s daughter.
(c) The diner waitress.
(d) He does not marry anyone.
6. What does Madam Zoleeda tell Ruby?
(a) That Ruby owes her money.
(b) That she is sick.
(c) That she doesn’t like collard greens.
(d) That Rufus is “good for nothin”.
7. Whose perspective is “The Crop” told in?
(b) Mrs. Willteron’s.
(c) Lot Motum’s.
8. Who returns from hunting in the short story “Wildcat”?
(a) The wildcat.
(b) Four young black men.
(c) Old Gabriel.
(d) The men and women in the community.
9. What does Mrs. Willerton consider herself?
(a) A poet.
(b) A musician.
(c) An artist.
(d) A writer.
10. Who’s cabin does Mr. Shiflit walk to?
(a) His mother’s.
(b) His sister’s.
(c) Lucynell Carter’s.
(d) Emma Macabee’s.
11. What does Old Gabriel think he can smell?
(c) Lurkers outside his cabin.
(d) A wildcat.
12. The barber calls Rayber what name __________.
(a) Mother Hubbard.
(d) White Supremacist.
13. After the family rolls their car in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”, what do the men in the passing car have?
(d) A tow truck.
14. What is wrong with Lucynell’s daughter?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She is deaf.
(c) She cannot walk.
(d) She is mentally retarded and cannot speak.
15. How old is the boy in “The River”?
(a) An infant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal comes to Old Gabriel’s cabin?
2. In “A Circle in the Fire,” who is always looking out from the upstairs window?
3. What happens to General Sash during the ceremony?
4. Where does Rufus return home from?
5. What time does the babysitter pick up the boy in “The River”?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)