|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruby’s physical shape is compared to a ________?
(b) Funeral urn.
2. Where are the characters going when “A Good Man is Hard to Find” opens?
(a) On a car trip to Georgia.
(b) On a car trip to Florida.
(c) On a car trip to New York.
(d) On a car trip to Tennessee.
3. What is Ruller pretending to be?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A robot.
(c) An Indian.
(d) A Wild West cowboy.
4. Where is Mr. Shiflit running to?
5. Who asked Old Dudley if he wanted to go for a walk?
(a) His friend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
6. What does Mrs. Cope suggest once they invade the property?
(a) That they wait for her husband to return.
(b) That they help clean up the mess they’ve made.
(c) That they leave.
(d) She suggests nothing, but rather tells them that she’s calling the police.
7. How old is Hazel Wickers?
8. What is in Ruby’s sack?
(a) Four cans of beans.
(c) Shrimp and grits.
(d) Her Bible.
9. Who reappears in “The Heart of the Park”?
(a) Mrs. Willerton.
(b) Hazel Motes.
(c) Enoch Emery.
(d) Old Gabriel.
10. What does the baker accuse the red-haired girl and the blind man of doing in “The Peeler”?
(a) Being an unfit couple.
(b) Heckling him.
(c) Stealing his customers.
(d) Breaking the laws.
11. What is wrong with Lucynell’s daughter?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She cannot walk.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She is mentally retarded and cannot speak.
12. What does the upper sleeping berth remind Hazel Wickers of?
(a) His bed.
(b) His mother’s chiffarobe.
(c) A coffin.
(d) His back porch.
13. Who dose Hazel accompany to the dining car?
(a) The porter.
(b) His mother.
(c) A woman whom he has been flirting with.
(d) Mrs. Hosen.
14. Where does Rufus return home from?
(a) A reformatory.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) The armed forces.
(d) Work overseas.
15. What does Sally want her grandfather to attend?
(a) His grandson’s graduation ceremony.
(b) Her college graduation ceremony.
(c) Her wedding.
(d) Her baptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mother in “The River” doing in the beginning of the story?
2. Where is Old Dudley living?
3. What disappoints Old Dudley at the end of the story?
4. Old Gabriel is _________?
5. How is Rufus connected to Ruby?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)