|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the family rolls their car in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”, what do the men in the passing car have?
(c) A tow truck.
2. Who is Madam Zoleeda?
(a) The woman who owns the local saloon.
(b) Rufus’s prostitute.
(c) Ruby's best friend.
(d) The palmist on highway 87.
3. What does the baker accuse the red-haired girl and the blind man of doing in “The Peeler”?
(a) Breaking the laws.
(b) Stealing his customers.
(c) Being an unfit couple.
(d) Heckling him.
4. What does Mrs. Cope suggest once they invade the property?
(a) She suggests nothing, but rather tells them that she’s calling the police.
(b) That they help clean up the mess they’ve made.
(c) That they leave.
(d) That they wait for her husband to return.
5. What does Sally want her grandfather to attend?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) His grandson’s graduation ceremony.
(c) Her college graduation ceremony.
(d) Her baptism.
6. Where is Hazel Wickers expecting to sleep on the train?
(a) A lower berth.
(b) In a first-class seat.
(c) An upper berth.
(d) In a coach seat.
7. How old is the boy in “The River”?
(b) An infant.
8. Who tries to befriend Hazel Motes?
(a) The baker.
(b) The red-haired girl.
(c) The blind man.
(d) Enoch Emery.
9. Who reappears in “The Heart of the Park”?
(a) Mrs. Willerton.
(b) Old Gabriel.
(c) Hazel Motes.
(d) Enoch Emery.
10. What do the boys do in the woods behind the farm in “A Circle in the Fire”?
(a) Run away.
(b) Swim in the water tank and then start a fire.
(c) Dig a hole.
(d) Kills farm animals.
11. What season is it in “The Heart of the Park”?
12. What is the profession of Mrs. Willerton’s main character Lot Motum?
(a) A locomotive engineer.
(b) An Irish potato farmer.
(c) A barber.
(d) A sharecropper.
13. Who dose Hazel accompany to the dining car?
(a) His mother.
(b) The porter.
(c) A woman whom he has been flirting with.
(d) Mrs. Hosen.
14. What does Hazel Weaver want from Enoch Emery?
(a) To stop spying on the sunbathing women.
(b) The address of the red-haired girl and the blind man.
(c) An ice cream soda.
15. What does Madam Zoleeda tell Ruby?
(a) That she is sick.
(b) That Ruby owes her money.
(c) That she doesn’t like collard greens.
(d) That Rufus is “good for nothin”.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the characters going when “A Good Man is Hard to Find” opens?
2. How many children are traveling with the grandmother and her son in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
3. Who is Mrs. Cope?
4. Who returns from hunting in the short story “Wildcat”?
5. What does Emery order at the diner in “Enoch and the Gorilla”?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)