|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enoch Emery borrow from his landlord?
(a) Her rain galoshes.
(b) Her umbrella.
(c) Her rain hat.
(d) Her rain slicker.
2. Who’s cabin does Mr. Shiflit walk to?
(a) Lucynell Carter’s.
(b) Emma Macabee’s.
(c) His mother’s.
(d) His sister’s.
3. Where is Hazel Wickers expecting to sleep on the train?
(a) An upper berth.
(b) A lower berth.
(c) In a first-class seat.
(d) In a coach seat.
4. How old is Hazel Wickers?
5. What is in Ruby’s sack?
(a) Her Bible.
(c) Shrimp and grits.
(d) Four cans of beans.
6. What does Mrs. Willerton consider herself?
(a) A writer.
(b) An artist.
(c) A poet.
(d) A musician.
7. What is the mother in “The River” doing in the beginning of the story?
8. In “The Train”, what doesn’t the upper sleeping berth have?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A window.
(d) Access to the restroom.
9. How old is Ruller?
10. What is Ruller pretending to be?
(a) A hunter.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A robot.
(d) A Wild West cowboy.
11. After the family rolls their car in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”, what do the men in the passing car have?
(b) A tow truck.
12. Where does Emery go for something to eat in “Enoch and the Gorilla”?
(a) To the grocer.
(b) The Paris Diner.
(c) To his apartment.
(d) The churro cart.
13. What does Mrs. Cope suggest once they invade the property?
(a) She suggests nothing, but rather tells them that she’s calling the police.
(b) That they wait for her husband to return.
(c) That they leave.
(d) That they help clean up the mess they’ve made.
14. Who dose Hazel accompany to the dining car?
(a) Mrs. Hosen.
(b) His mother.
(c) The porter.
(d) A woman whom he has been flirting with.
15. Who does Hazel Motes follow down the street?
(a) The red-haired girl and the blind man.
(b) His father.
(c) Enoch Emery.
(d) The baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is chained in a Chinaberry tree outside the diner where they stop to eat in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”?
2. What does Old Gabriel think he can smell?
3. What animal comes to Old Gabriel’s cabin?
4. What does the baker accuse the red-haired girl and the blind man of doing in “The Peeler”?
5. How many customers are in the diner in “Enoch and the Gorilla”?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)