|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emery discovers what about the gorilla?
(a) That the gorilla is really a man.
(b) That he eats people.
(c) That there is really no gorilla.
(d) That the gorilla has feelings.
2. In the beginning of “The Barbar”, what is Rayber reminiscing about?
(a) The church sermon.
(b) His last shave at the barber.
(c) A long walk he had with his wife.
(d) His last meal.
3. What are the red-haired girl and the blind man doing in “The Peeler”?
(a) Holding hands an observing passersby.
(b) Heckling people.
(c) Selling bread loaves.
(d) Handing out religious pamphlets.
4. Who does Mr. Shiflit marry?
(a) The diner waitress.
(b) He does not marry anyone.
(c) Lucynell’s daughter.
5. How old is the boy in “The River”?
(c) An infant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Old Dudley up the stairs?
2. Where does Emery go for something to eat in “Enoch and the Gorilla”?
3. What does Sally want her grandfather to attend?
4. How old is Ruller?
5. Where is Hazel Wickers expecting to sleep on the train?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)