|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the upper sleeping berth remind Hazel Wickers of?
(a) His back porch.
(b) His mother’s chiffarobe.
(c) His bed.
(d) A coffin.
2. What is wrong with Lucynell’s daughter?
(a) She cannot walk.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She is mentally retarded and cannot speak.
3. Who helps Old Dudley up the stairs?
(a) The apartment concierge.
(b) His daughter when she returns home from work.
(c) The black man who is renting the apartment next to Old Dudley’s.
(d) The taxi driver.
4. Ruby’s physical shape is compared to a ________?
(c) Funeral urn.
5. Where does Emery go for something to eat in “Enoch and the Gorilla”?
(a) To his apartment.
(b) The churro cart.
(c) To the grocer.
(d) The Paris Diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ruller pretending to be?
2. How old is Hazel Wickers?
3. What is in Ruby’s sack?
4. What is the profession of Mrs. Willerton’s main character Lot Motum?
5. In the beginning of “The Barbar”, what is Rayber reminiscing about?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)