|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Stroke of Good Fortune.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Madam Zoleeda?
(a) Ruby's best friend.
(b) The palmist on highway 87.
(c) Rufus’s prostitute.
(d) The woman who owns the local saloon.
2. In “The Train”, what doesn’t the upper sleeping berth have?
(a) A window.
(b) Access to the restroom.
(c) A blanket.
3. How old is Hazel Wickers?
4. Whom does Mrs. Willerton become in her own story?
(a) Lot’s wife.
(b) Lot’s sister.
(c) She does not become part of her story.
(d) Lot’s brother.
5. What are the red-haired girl and the blind man doing in “The Peeler”?
(a) Heckling people.
(b) Handing out religious pamphlets.
(c) Selling bread loaves.
(d) Holding hands an observing passersby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Willerton consider herself?
2. Where is Hazel Wickers expecting to sleep on the train?
3. What is the profession of Mrs. Willerton’s main character Lot Motum?
4. How is Rufus connected to Ruby?
5. Whose perspective is “The Crop” told in?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)