|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Live or Die.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many poems are in Part 3 of All My Pretty Ones?
2. Who is the subject of "Somewhere in Africa"?
(a) T. S. Eliot.
(b) Sylvia Plath.
(c) John Holmes.
(d) Ted Hughes.
3. What is the title of the author's first book of poetry?
(a) To Bedlam and Part Way Back.
(b) The Moss of His Skin.
(c) Kind Sir: These Woods.
(d) Elizabeth Gone.
4. What does the speaker cast off in the poem "Self in 1958"?
(a) Poet/artist stereotypes.
(b) Her family.
(c) Traditional female roles.
(d) Her guilt.
5. What is the subject of the author's first book of poetry?
(a) The author's divorce.
(b) The author's first mental breakdown.
(c) The death of the author's mother.
(d) The author's first battle with cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Music Swims Back To Me" is a reflection on the speaker's immersion in what?
2. What point of view is "The House" written in?
3. How is marriage portrayed in "Man and Wife"?
4. What does "Elizabeth Gone" explore as the possibility of an escape?
5. "The Bells" ponders about the search for love and acceptance from whom?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)