|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Transformations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of The Complete Poems?
(a) Ted Hughes.
(b) Edgar Lee Masters.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
(d) Anne Sexton.
2. Part I of the author's first book of poetry deals with the trauma of what?
(a) Her struggle with radiation treatment.
(b) Losing custody of her children.
(c) Her first Christmas alone.
(d) Her hospitalization.
3. Who saves the fiddler in "The Wonderful Musician"?
(a) The woodcutter.
(b) The milkmaid.
(c) The fox.
(d) The mouse.
4. What is the weather in "Song for a Lady"?
5. What is explored in "The Double Image"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the speaker of "It Is a Spring Afternoon" waiting?
2. What must be found in "Kind Sir: These Woods"?
3. What conclusion does the speaker come to in "For My Lover, Returning to His Wife"?
4. What is the subject of "Your Face on the Dog's Neck" doing?
5. "Kind Sir: These Woods" is a meditation on becoming what?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)