|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death Notebooks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of poem is "For the Year of the Insane"?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A eulogy.
(c) An epitaph.
(d) A blurb.
2. Where does the speaker find the gods in the poem "Gods"?
(a) In a nearby lake.
(b) In the raindrops of a storm.
(c) In her bathroom.
(d) Hanging in an old oak tree.
3. What is the subject of "Your Face on the Dog's Neck" doing?
(a) Fighting with the dog.
(b) Napping with the dog.
(c) Playing with the dog.
(d) Sitting with the dog.
4. What is the title of the poem "Rats Live On No Evil Star" based on?
(a) A fragment of a dream.
(b) A nursery rhyme.
(c) A nonsensical phrase her daughter said.
(d) A palindrome.
5. Who curses the maiden's father in "The Maiden Without Hands"?
(a) A warlock.
(b) A wizard.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ability is given to the person who eats a magical snake in "The White Snake"?
2. Who is the subject of "Your Face on the Dog's Neck"?
3. Whose Biblical story is retold in "Making a Living"?
4. Who does the speaker identify with in "Consorting With Angels"?
5. Who does the speaker's daughter cry out for when she is in an accident in "Pain for a Daughter"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)