|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death Notebooks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves the fiddler in "The Wonderful Musician"?
(a) The woodcutter.
(b) The milkmaid.
(c) The mouse.
(d) The fox.
2. Where do the poems come from in Transformations?
(a) Aesop's Fables.
(b) Greek mythology.
(c) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(d) The stories of Hans Christian Anderson.
3. What does Doctor Faustus sell his soul to the devil for in "Faustus and I"?
(a) Eternal youth.
(b) Knowledge and power.
(c) Money and fame.
(d) Health and family.
4. What Biblical story is retold in "Jesus Walking"?
(a) The Israelites wandering in the desert.
(b) The Crucifixion.
(c) Christ walking on water.
(d) The temptation of Christ by the Devil.
5. What is the speaker addicted to in "The Addict"?
(c) Prescription pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the subject of "Your Face on the Dog's Neck"?
2. Who interferes with the speaker's prayers in "Praying on a 707"?
3. In what year did the author receive an award for Live or Die?
4. What is the purpose of the first poem in Transformations?
5. Who is the subject of "Somewhere in Africa"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)