|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death Notebooks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ability is given to the person who eats a magical snake in "The White Snake"?
(a) The ability to transform others into a white snake.
(b) The ability to speak to snakes.
(c) The ability to transform into a white snake.
(d) The ability to communicate with animals.
2. What is the last poem in Live or Die?
(a) "The Addict."
(d) "Self in 1958."
3. Where do the poems come from in Transformations?
(a) Aesop's Fables.
(b) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(c) Greek mythology.
(d) The stories of Hans Christian Anderson.
4. Who is the subject of "Somewhere in Africa"?
(a) John Holmes.
(b) Sylvia Plath.
(c) T. S. Eliot.
(d) Ted Hughes.
5. Who saves the fiddler in "The Wonderful Musician"?
(a) The woodcutter.
(b) The fox.
(c) The mouse.
(d) The milkmaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Rats Live On No Evil Star" is a revision of what Biblical story?
2. Who does the speaker's daughter cry out for when she is in an accident in "Pain for a Daughter"?
3. Who is an outcast in "One Eye, Two Eyes, Three Eyes"?
4. How many messiahs is Mary pregnant with in "Mary's Song"?
5. What is particularly depicted in "God's Backside"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)