To Bedlam and Part Way Back
1. Who is the author of The Complete Poems?
(a) Edgar Lee Masters.
(b) Sylvia Plath.
(c) Ted Hughes.
(d) Anne Sexton.
2. What is the title of the author's first book of poetry?
(a) The Moss of His Skin.
(b) Kind Sir: These Woods.
(c) To Bedlam and Part Way Back.
(d) Elizabeth Gone.
3. What is the subject of the author's first book of poetry?
(a) The author's first mental breakdown.
(b) The author's first battle with cancer.
(c) The death of the author's mother.
(d) The author's divorce.
4. Part I of the author's first book of poetry deals with the trauma of what?
(a) Her first Christmas alone.
(b) Her hospitalization.
(c) Her struggle with radiation treatment.
(d) Losing custody of her children.
5. The poem "You, Doctor Martin" puts the reader where?
(a) Into Bedlam.
(b) In her empty home.
(c) Into the author's surgical suite.
(d) In Taft Cemetery and Memorial Gardens.
6. Who is Doctor Martin?
(a) A hospice doctor.
(b) An oncologist.
(c) A psychotherapist.
(d) A friend of the author's.
This section contains 3,689 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)