|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the title "The Man-Moth" come to be?
(a) Kafka's influence.
(b) A child's mispronunciation.
(c) A newspaper misprint.
(d) Bishop's troubled relationships.
2. What is the sea awaiting in 'From "The Life and Death of a Severino"'?
(a) The birth of a baby.
(b) A religious sect.
(c) A naming.
(d) The burial of a man.
3. What does the viewer hear in "View of the Capitol from the Library of Congress"?
(a) An orchestra playing.
(b) A brass band playing.
(d) A protest.
4. Why is the dog pink in "Pink Dog"?
(a) The children have painted it.
(b) It knocked over a can of paint.
(c) It is sick and has lost its hair.
(d) The sunset makes it look pink.
5. In "Exchanging Hats," what does one person wear on his head?
(a) A paper plate.
(b) A newspaper hat.
(c) A book.
(d) A lamp shade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two things Bishop and Moore can do together, as described in "Invitation to Miss Marianne Moore"?
2. How does the man treat the woman in "Brazilian Tragedy"?
3. What is the subject of "Objects & Apparitions"?
4. For what does the poet express a need in "Sonnet"?
5. What does "For C.W.B." depict?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)