|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bishop compare the winter wind to in "The Colder the Air"?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A tigress.
(c) A huntress.
(d) A hunter.
2. Who cries for the mouse in "The Hanging of the Mouse"?
(a) The bird.
(b) The praying mantis.
(c) The mouse's wife.
(d) The cat.
3. What do the characters in Rainy Season; Sub-Tropics symbolize?
(a) Effects of different locales on humans.
(b) That most people are lost.
(c) Exaggerated human traits.
(d) Different human reactions to rain.
4. What is the tone of the Four Poems?
(a) Subjective and personal.
(b) Entirely removed.
(c) Subjective yet removed.
5. On what is "The Riverman" based?
(a) Amazon Town by Charles Bagley.
(b) Amazon Town by Charles Wagley.
(c) Amazon Tales by Charles Bagley.
(d) Amazon Tales by Charles Wagley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Jeronimo's House" reflect about the poet?
2. Why does Bishop love the sea?
3. Who visits the poet in "House Guest"?
4. Why does the snail in "Giant Snail" pity himself?
5. What happens to the sheep in "Cape Breton"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)