|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Arrival at Santos" depict?
(a) The poet's first experience with Brazilian scenery and culture.
(b) The poet's first experience with Brazilian food.
(c) The poet's first experience with border guards.
(d) The poet's first experience with travel.
2. What does the title character in "Manuelzinho" wear that is oddly painted?
(a) A pair of overalls.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A belt.
(d) A hat.
3. To what does Bishop devote three poems to in North and South?
4. What are two things Bishop and Moore can do together, as described in "Invitation to Miss Marianne Moore"?
(a) Walking and having tea.
(b) Shopping and talking.
(c) Writing and having lunch.
(d) Walking and talking.
5. The structure of the poem "Visits to St. Elizabeth's" is the same as what song?
(a) The Twelve Days of Christmas.
(b) I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.
(c) Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
(d) This Old Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bishop meet Moore?
2. What do the characters in Rainy Season; Sub-Tropics symbolize?
3. What does "Jeronimo's House" reflect about the poet?
4. Who is the old man in "At the Fishhouses"?
5. What literary devices does Bishop employ in the poems in North and South?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)