|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in "The Gentleman of Shalott" believe about being only part of a man?
(a) That one quarter is enough.
(b) That only a whole man is enough.
(c) That one third is enough.
(d) That half is enough.
2. How does Bishop tend to portray caves and shores in North and South?
3. To what topic do many of Bishop's observations in the poems in North and South pertain?
4. In "Large Bad Picture," how does Bishop portray the flying birds?
(a) As hanging in z's.
(b) As hanging in n's.
(c) As hanging in s's.
(d) As hanging in m's.
5. What quality do the poems in North and South share?
(b) Similar subject matter.
(c) Attention to detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Southern state are some of the poems in North and South set?
2. What does Bishop's uncommon vocabulary reflect about her settings?
3. How does Bishop compare an iceberg to a ship in North and South?
4. What is the subject of "The Gentleman of Shalott"?
5. In what city are many of the poems in North and South set?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)