|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bishop compare an iceberg to a ship in North and South?
(a) The iceberg is more dangerous.
(b) The ship is of more benefit to the soul.
(c) The ship is more regal.
(d) The iceberg is more interesting.
2. What happens in "A Miracle for Breakfast"?
(a) A man scatters crumbs.
(b) A man calls room service.
(c) A man does not share his roll.
(d) A man has only coffee for breakfast.
3. What geographical locations do the poems in North and South portray?
(a) The United States, Canada, and Europe.
(b) Europe, Canada, and South America.
(c) The United States, Mexico, and Paris.
(d) The United States, Europe, and Brazil.
4. When were the poems in North and South collected?
5. What type of language does Bishop employ in "Songs for a Colored Singer"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the house in "Jeronimo's House" decorated?
2. What does Bishop's uncommon vocabulary reflect about her settings?
3. In "Large Bad Picture," how does Bishop portray the flying birds?
4. What is described in the poem "Paris, 7 A.M."?
5. What makes the singer realize she is not dreaming in "Songs for a Colored Singer"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)