|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in "A Miracle for Breakfast"?
(a) A man has only coffee for breakfast.
(b) A man calls room service.
(c) A man does not share his roll.
(d) A man scatters crumbs.
2. How does Bishop tend to portray caves and shores in North and South?
3. What do several of the poems in North and South pay homage?
4. What makes the singer realize she is not dreaming in "Songs for a Colored Singer"?
(a) The dreams are too happy.
(b) The dreams are too fuzzy.
(c) The dreams are too clear.
(d) The dreams are too terrible.
5. What does "Jeronimo's House" reflect about the poet?
(a) Her love for small houses.
(b) Her love for spacious houses.
(c) Her love for Spanish things.
(d) Her love for her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What geographical locations do the poems in North and South portray?
2. To what does Bishop devote three poems to in North and South?
3. What is the subject of "The Gentleman of Shalott"?
4. What is described in the poem "Paris, 7 A.M."?
5. What does the man in "The Gentleman of Shalott" believe about being only part of a man?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)