|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of language does Bishop employ in "Songs for a Colored Singer"?
2. What is the poet surprised to learn?
(a) That Brazil does not have a flag.
(b) That the people of Brazil are poor.
(c) That Brazil has a flag.
(d) That the people of Brazil are well-off.
3. What effect do the lights have on the city in "Night City"?
(a) It looks as if it is on fire.
(b) It is commercialized.
(c) It is romantic.
(d) It is festive.
4. What are two sounds the poet appreciates in "Questions of Travel"?
(a) Wooden clogs and a bird's song.
(b) Tap shoes and a cricket's chirp.
(c) Wind and roosters.
(d) Rain and frogs.
5. What does the singer do in "Songs for a Colored Singer?"
(a) Leaves her boyfriend.
(b) Stays with her husband.
(c) Stays with her boyfriend.
(d) Leaves her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet do with items on her desk in "12 O'Clock News"?
2. What does the poem "Roosters" describe?
3. To what does the poet liken the ocean in "Pleasure Seas"?
4. In "Exchanging Hats," what does one person wear on his head?
5. What does "For C.W.B." depict?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)