|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet hope to gain by knowing the answers to her questions in "Letter to N.Y."?
(a) She wants New York to seem more real.
(b) She wants to feel justified in her decision to leave New York.
(c) She wants New York to seem less real.
(d) She wants to decide whether to move to New York.
2. What is the title of one of the poems in Four Poems?
3. Who is the executioner in "The Hanging of the Mouse"?
(a) The raccoon.
(b) The dog.
(c) The rat.
(d) The cat.
4. What is the subject of the three poems in Rainy Season; Sub Tropics?
(a) Animals in the rain.
(b) Bodies of water in the rain.
(c) Houses in the rain.
(d) Vegetation in the rain.
5. When was the Fannie Farmer Cookbook first published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the poems in Youth deal with?
2. What is the poet surprised to learn?
3. What does "A Word With You" describe?
4. To what does the poet liken the ocean in "Pleasure Seas"?
5. Where did Bishop grow up?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)