|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the poems in Four Poems describe?
(a) An argument between lovers.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) Passion between lovers.
(d) Agreement between lovers.
2. How does the family react to the poet in "Manuelzinho"?
(a) Gives her money and candy.
(b) Steals her money and candy.
(c) Avoids her but accepts money and candy.
(d) Accepts her but refuses money and candy.
3. To what does Bishop devote three poems to in North and South?
4. In "Brazil January 1, 1502," how does the poet attempt to view the scenery?
(a) From an explorer's perspective.
(b) From an artist's perspective.
(c) From an archaeological perspective.
(d) From a tourist's perspective.
5. In "The Mountain," what does the mountain want to know?
(a) Whether the world was better before there were people.
(b) Why it feels so much older than it is.
(c) Why time is so important to people.
(d) How old it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the poet compare love in the third part of Three Valentines?
2. Who cries for the mouse in "The Hanging of the Mouse"?
3. What is "The Burglar of Babylon" about?
4. In "Cape Breton," what types of animals are staring out to sea?
5. To what topic do many of Bishop's observations in the poems in North and South pertain?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)