|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bishop display towards Moore in "Invitation to Miss Marianne Moore"?
(a) A superior attitude.
(b) A desire to meet her.
(d) Friendship and reverence.
2. What is the subject of "The Gentleman of Shalott"?
(a) A man traveling on water.
(b) A man looking at his reflection in water.
(c) A man looking into a mirror.
(d) A man breaking a mirror.
3. In "Cape Breton," what types of animals are staring out to sea?
(a) Auks and Seagulls.
(b) Penguins and puffins.
(c) Seagulls and puffins.
(d) Auks and puffins.
4. What does the tone of "Letter to N.Y." reveal about the friendship portrayed?
(a) They are just acquaintances.
(b) They frequently argue.
(c) They have just met.
(d) It is intimate.
5. What is involved in the resolution of Four Poems?
(d) A decision to wed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bishop compare the winter wind to in "The Colder the Air"?
2. How is the house in "Jeronimo's House" decorated?
3. What effect does the tone have on the Four Poems?
4. When did Bishop meet Moore?
5. What is a running theme in many of the poems in Cold Spring?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)