|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bishop begin the section Geography III?
(a) With a poem about a map.
(b) With a map.
(c) With a list of places.
(d) With basic lessons and questions about geography.
2. What happens to the sheep in "Cape Breton"?
(a) They get scared by the planes and walk off the edge of a cliff.
(b) They get scared by the birds and walk off the edge of a cliff.
(c) They drown.
(d) They get scared by the waves and walk off the edge of a cliff.
3. What is the title of one of the poems in Four Poems?
4. What does the moose do in "The Moose"?
(a) Causes the train to crash.
(c) Causes the bus to crash.
(d) Stands in the road, then steps aside.
5. What literary devices does Bishop employ in the poems in North and South?
(a) Allusion and symbolism.
(b) Metaphor and simile.
(c) Foreshadowing and mood.
(d) Symbolism and alliteration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is depicted in "Visits to St. Elizabeth's"?
2. How is the water temperature described in "Cape Breton"?
3. In "Large Bad Picture," how does Bishop portray the flying birds?
4. What is involved in the resolution of Four Poems?
5. To what topic do many of Bishop's observations in the poems in North and South pertain?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)