|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary device does "12 O'Clock News" employ?
2. What accessory was Marianne Moore's trademark?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her shoes.
3. What does the poem "Roosters" describe?
(a) A rooster that crows at midday.
(b) People's negative reaction to a rooster crowing.
(c) People's positive reaction to a rooster crowing.
(d) A silent rooster.
4. What is a running theme in many of the poems in Cold Spring?
(d) The sea.
5. What does Bishop display towards Moore in "Invitation to Miss Marianne Moore"?
(b) A desire to meet her.
(c) A superior attitude.
(d) Friendship and reverence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bishop compare the winter wind to in "The Colder the Air"?
2. What type of language does Bishop employ in "Songs for a Colored Singer"?
3. What do several of the poems in North and South pay homage?
4. What is the title of one of the poems in Four Poems?
5. In what time of day does "At the Fishhouses" take place?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)