|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "The Burglar of Babylon" about?
(a) A cunning burglar who escapes from prison.
(b) An inept burglar who fails to escape from prison.
(c) An inept burglar who escapes from prison.
(d) A cunning burglar who stays out of prison.
2. What literary device does the poet employ in "The Mountain"?
3. In "Exchanging Hats," what does one person wear on his head?
(a) A lamp shade.
(b) A paper plate.
(c) A newspaper hat.
(d) A book.
4. The structure of the poem "Visits to St. Elizabeth's" is the same as what song?
(a) I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.
(b) This Old Man.
(c) Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
(d) The Twelve Days of Christmas.
5. What does Micucu's auntie do in "The Burglar of Babylon"?
(a) Gives him money.
(b) Withholds money.
(c) Throws him out of her home.
(d) Takes him into her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "A Word With You" describe?
2. What do the poems in Four Poems describe?
3. How long does the poet spend in Brazil?
4. What accessory was Marianne Moore's trademark?
5. Why is Bishop so eager to have Moore visit her?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)