|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dionysus at the beginning of The Frogs?
(a) A backer.
(b) A slave.
(c) A miner.
(d) A God.
2. In Thesmophoriazusae, what do the women do with Mnesilochus after uncovering his identity?
(a) The send him away.
(b) They castrate him.
(c) They turn him over to Athenian's authorities.
(d) They bite him.
3. In Thesmophoriazusae, what is Mnesilochus cousin's occupation?
4. How did the attendees react to the proposal made by Lysistrata?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They balk at the plan, but later accept it.
(c) They leave the meeting.
(d) They are enthusiastic.
5. What do the envoys promise Blepyros when they escort him to his home?
(a) A new horse.
(b) A new chariot.
(c) A hearty dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dionysus avoiding conflict with the characters that mistake him for Heracles?
2. In The Assemblywomen, what does Praxagora want to do to remedy the situation in Athens?
3. When Eulipides and Pisthetaerus meet Hoopoe's servant, what does the servant first do to Eulipides and Pisthetaerus?
4. What is the visitor from Sparta hiding under his tunic?
5. Where are Mnesilochus and his cousin going to at the beginning of Thesmophoriazusae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Lysistrata hope to put in place with the support of the other women?
2. Who arrived in Athens at the end of Lysistrata and why?
3. How do the men react to the Lysistrata's taking over the treasury building?
4. What is Euripides concerned about at the start of Thesmophoriazusae?
5. How is the life of a young man as a result of the new regime in The Assemblywomen?
6. What happens to Mnesilochus after he admits to his crimes as a woman?
7. How do Pisthetaerus and the birds subdue the gods?
8. Who and what are the Eulipides and Pisthetaerus looking for in The Birds?
9. What is Pisthetaerus' plan for gaining control over earth and heaven?
10. How is Praxagora's husband reacting to the new rules instating by Praxagora?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)