|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Thesmophoriazusae, what is Mnesilochus cousin's occupation?
2. In Thesmophoriazusae, what do the women do with Mnesilochus after uncovering his identity?
(a) They bite him.
(b) They castrate him.
(c) The send him away.
(d) They turn him over to Athenian's authorities.
3. What are Eulipides and Pisthetaerus doing at the start of The Birds?
(a) Going to an oracle.
(b) Going to the market.
(c) Wandering in the woods.
(d) Traveling to Athens.
4. How did Mnesilochus' cousin try to free him at the end of Thesmophoriazusae?
(a) Using a horse.
(b) By paying the guards.
(c) By force.
(d) He dresses up.
5. In Lysistrata, who does the constable think is primarily responsible for the women's attitude?
(a) The government.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The women.
(d) The men not capable of controlling their woman-folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the envoys promise Blepyros when they escort him to his home?
2. What are the fastest ways to go to Hades according to the text?
3. What do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus eat in the woods to undergo a transformation?
4. What is Praxagora's plan at the beginning of The Assemblywomen?
5. What do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus propose to the one they meet in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Aeschylus and Euripides representing in The Frogs?
2. In the play The Frogs, where are Dionysus and Xanthias going and how are they greeted when they arrived?
3. How does Euripides rescue Mnesilochus after his arrest?
4. Who becomes king of the birds at the end of The Birds?
5. What idea does Pisthetaerus come up with while talking with Hoopoe?
6. What is Pisthetaerus' plan for gaining control over earth and heaven?
7. What does Lysistrata find some of the women trying to do?
8. Who volunteers to spy on the women on behalf of Euripides in Thesmophoraizusae?
9. What plan does Lysistrata hope to put in place with the support of the other women?
10. In The Birds, what happens to Eulipides and Pisthetaerus after they eat the root given by Hoopoe?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)