|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Frogs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lysistrata, what are some of the women trying to do while guarding the building they took over?
(a) Kill their husband.
(b) Sneak out to have sex.
(c) Sneak out to have food.
(d) Go to Sparta.
2. At the beginning of Peace, what is the purpose of the master's beetle?
(a) To destroy Sparta.
(b) To clean the streets of Athens.
(c) To bring their master to the gods.
(d) To act as a sewage system.
3. What does Hoopoe's servant claim to be when Euelpides and Pisthetaerus first meet him?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A bird.
(d) A rat.
4. When Cleon and the sausage merchant are off stage, who is praised in the first part of the speech by the chorus?
(a) Athens' merchant.
(b) Great men of the past.
(d) Great men of the future.
5. In Lysistrata, who does the constable think is primarily responsible for the women's attitude?
(a) The men not capable of controlling their woman-folk.
(b) The women.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the judges entitled to according to Bdelycleon?
2. Who does the oracle predict will replace Cleon?
3. What is Cleon's rival, the sausage merchant's real name?
4. What do the orators preceding Dicaeopolis speak of?
5. What are Demosthenes and Nicias doing the night of the play?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)