|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasps.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his father's attempts to escape, what does Bdelycleon fear?
(a) That his slaves will help his father.
(b) That his father will try to sell another donkey.
(c) That other legal maniacs will try to free his father.
(d) That his slaves will escape.
2. What happened to the Acharnians' farms before the play begins?
(a) They were sold to Sparta.
(b) They had good crops.
(c) They were built on loose soil.
(d) They were burned down by Spartans.
3. What is Pheidippides' vice as introduced in the beginning of The Clouds?
(a) Horse betting.
4. Who is being tried in the makeshift court Bdelycleon in his house at the end of The Wasps?
(a) A duck.
(d) A dog.
5. Who are Cleon and his rival trying to convince of their worth?
(a) The chorus.
(b) Athens' government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Bdelycleon and his father, Philocleon's, views on Cleon?
2. What are the judges entitled to according to Bdelycleon?
3. Upon his arrival at the think-shop, how is Strepsiades greeted?
4. How does Bdelycleon propose to settle the dispute between him and the Wasps concerning his father?
5. At the beginning of The Knights, what are Demosthenes and Nicias complaining about?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)