|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasps.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the debate, what does Philocleon like about the court?
(a) Having power of the defendant and sleeping in the court.
(b) Hearing the arguments and having power over the judge.
(c) Hearing the arguments, being paid and having power over the defendant.
(d) Being able to rest in the court and being paid.
2. What do Demosthenes and Nicas accuse their fellow slave, Paphlagon, of doing?
(a) Not cleaning the beetle's stall.
(b) Cooking bad food and accusing them.
(c) Not doing his share of chores.
(d) Weaseling his way into a position of trust for personal gain.
3. What does Bdelycleon order his slaves to do?
(a) To replace the wood door with a steel door.
(b) To cap the chimney.
(c) To wall the door.
(d) To nail the door.
4. Whose money is Pheidippides betting with at the beginning of The Clouds?
(a) Money from a loan.
(b) His own.
(c) His sister's money.
(d) His father, Strepsiades' money.
5. What happens to Amphitheus?
(a) He goes back to Sparta.
(b) He visits Acharnian farms.
(c) He is captured by a gang of Acharnians.
(d) He has a meal with Acharnians.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Knights, what do the slaves want to do that has been forbidden?
2. Who does the oracle predict will replace Cleon?
3. What are Demosthenes and Nicias doing the night of the play?
4. At the think-shop, who is Strepsiades presented to after his enrollment?
5. How is Cleon outbid for support at the Boule?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)