|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After realizing he helped create a monster, what does Strepsiades do at the end of The Clouds?
(a) Burns the school down.
(b) Asks his son to leave the house.
(c) Burns his home down.
(d) Enrolls himself in the school again.
2. What does Dicaeopolis wait for at the beginning of Acharnians?
(a) Athens to surrender to Sparta.
(b) The assembly to begin.
(c) His wife to come back from the Oracle.
(d) Sparta to surrender to Athens.
3. What happens when Amphitheus meets with the Spartans?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He has a good meal.
(c) He declares war on Sparta.
(d) A peace deal is made.
4. What does the teacher eventually decide about Strepsiades?
(a) Strepsiades cannot be taught.
(b) Strepsiades has learned everything he could.
(c) Strepsiades can become the master.
(d) Strepsiades is too fat.
5. How is Cleon outbid for support at the Boule?
(a) Cleon is not outbid.
(b) The sausage seller threatens the council.
(c) The sausage seller promises free food to the council.
(d) The merchant goes on strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Acharnians' farms before the play begins?
2. Who is Demosthenes and Nicias' master?
3. Who does the teacher ask for to replace Strepsiades?
4. How old is Dicaeopolis?
5. What contest do Cleon and his possible replacement engage in?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)