|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clouds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dicaeopolis agree to?
(a) To go back to Sparta.
(b) To talk to the assembly to help lower taxes.
(c) To enlist in Athens' army.
(d) To put his head on the chopping block while he makes his case to the crowd.
2. What became of Pheidippides?
(a) He becomes pale and ugly.
(b) He continues betting.
(c) He leaves his father's house.
(d) He stole money and ran away.
3. Who enrolls in the think-shop in Pheidippides' stead?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) A friend.
(d) His father.
4. What does Dicaeopolis wait for at the beginning of Acharnians?
(a) The assembly to begin.
(b) His wife to come back from the Oracle.
(c) Athens to surrender to Sparta.
(d) Sparta to surrender to Athens.
5. In the Knights, what do the slaves want to do that has been forbidden?
(a) Go back to their master.
(b) Go see an Oracle.
(c) Go to Sparta.
(d) Kill Cleon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Clouds, where does Socrates go when he needs to think?
2. After the charges of crimes, who wins the contest of defending themselves to the Knights?
3. How is Strepsiades expected to learn at the school in which he enrolls?
4. What are Demosthenes and Nicias doing the night of the play?
5. What proposal does Amphitheus make to Dicaeopolis?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)