|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Knights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the oracle predict will replace Cleon?
(a) A god.
(b) A backer.
(c) A sausage vendor.
(d) A general.
2. After the charges of crimes, who wins the contest of defending themselves to the Knights?
(a) The sausage merchant.
(b) The backer.
(c) The merchant.
3. At the beginning of The Knights, what are Demosthenes and Nicias complaining about?
(a) A beating they received from their master.
(b) The war with Sparta.
(c) The high taxes.
(d) The government.
4. How successful is Dicaeopolis' argument to the crowd?
(a) Everyone is convinced.
(b) Women are convinced and men are not.
(c) No one is convinced.
(d) Half of the crowd is convinced and the other half is not.
5. When Dicaeopolis fears the mob, who does Dicaeopolis go to see for help?
(d) The Persian king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dicaeopolis?
2. Who does Amphitheus take hostage?
3. In the Knights, what do the slaves tell the audience?
4. What does Dicaeopolis wait for at the beginning of Acharnians?
5. What is the reaction of the one that is supposed to replace Cleon?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)