|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vladek characterize the head of his ghetto?
(a) A man who only took care of his own family.
(b) A man who thought only of himself.
(c) A man who took care of his Jews.
(d) A man who wanted to be a king.
2. What does Vladek find out is the problem with his in-laws’ family’s finance during the war?
(a) They have lost their factories, but they are still living like they did before the war.
(b) They have to pay so much to bribe German soldiers that there is hardly enough to live on.
(c) Their taxes have been raised so high that they are making textiles at a loss.
(d) The cost of things has risen so high that they cannot maintain their lifestyle.
3. After leaving Mrs. Motonowa’s house, where do Vladek and Anja consider fleeing to?
4. Where does Vladek say he made a bunker in the second house he lived in at Srodula?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In factory.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In a tin shop.
5. What happens when Vladek and Anja are followed after leaving Mrs. Motonowa’s house?
(a) The soldiers search them.
(b) They have to run to get away from the people following them.
(c) The people continue without bothering them.
(d) They are arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Germans round up in the spring of 1944?
2. What is Vladek doing when Artie sees him next in Chapter 5?
3. What does Vladek make a sketch of, for Artie in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Vladek take refuge as Srodula is liquidated?
5. Where did Vladek and Anja go from Sosnowiec?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vladek and Anja’s disguises when they return to Sosnowiec.
2. Describe Vladek’s first business deal after returning from the POW camp.
3. How do Vladek and his fellow prisoners make their way out of Srodula?
4. How does Ilzecki save Vladek’s life?
5. What does Vladek learn from Kahum Cohn’s example?
6. How is the “Prisoner on the Hell Planet” different from the rest of Maus?
7. How has the war affected the Zylberbegs morale?
8. Describe the contents of the “Prisoner on the Hell Planet” comic strip.
9. How does Vladek say family relations changed in the ghetto?
10. What plans do Vladek and Anja make for Richieu, and what happens to him?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)