|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Vladek’s Bielsko factory during the war?
(a) It was shuttered.
(b) It was taken by the Germans.
(c) It was burned down.
(d) It was robbed.
2. In what way does Mala say Vladek is unique among people she knew from the camps?
(a) No one else is so generous.
(b) No one else is so manipulative.
(c) No one else is so sulky.
(d) No one else is so cheap.
3. Who does Vladek run into on Modrezejowska Street?
(a) A soldier he serve with.
(b) A money lender.
(c) Lucia Greenberg.
(d) A tailor who used to be a customer of his.
4. Who were the guards at Srodula?
(a) Russian soldiers.
(b) Jews with sticks.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) Polish soldiers.
5. What happens the next time Vladek goes to Modrezejowska Street?
(a) A fight breaks out between Poles and German soldiers.
(b) There is a gun battle.
(c) A roadside bomb goes off.
(d) The Nazis close off the street to inspect people’s papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artie say overwhelms him at his mother’s funeral?
2. What does Artie’s father say happens if he does not pedal on his exercise bike?
3. How does Artie says that his father influenced his decision to become an artist?
4. What does Vladek come back to Anja with, after walking around Sosnowiec?
5. When is “Prisoner on the Hell Planet” set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Artie get out of helping his father fix the roof?
2. How are Vladek and his fellow prisoners caught in their bunker?
3. Where do Vladek and Anja stay when they return to Sosnowiec?
4. What is Artie’s response to Mala’s complaints in Chapter 6?
5. Describe the contents of the “Prisoner on the Hell Planet” comic strip.
6. How do Vladek and his fellow prisoners make their way out of Srodula?
7. What complaint does Vladek make about Mala at the bank?
8. How does Ilzecki save Vladek’s life?
9. How did Vladek and Anja end up being deported to Auschwitz?
10. Where do Vladek and his fellow prisoners go after leaving Srodula?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)