|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vladek take refuge as Srodula is liquidated?
(a) In an underground bunker.
(b) Beneath the German officers’ quarters.
(c) In a bunker inside a pile of shoes.
(d) In the latrine.
2. What accusation does Artie make to his father when he finds out that Vladek had destroyed Anja’s journals?
(c) Selfish man.
3. What wakes Artie up at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Mala is calling because Vladek has climbed out on the roof.
(b) Vladek is calling to invite Artie to come for dinner.
(c) Vladek is calling to ask Artie to help him with chores.
(d) Vladek is calling to borrow some tools.
4. When were Vladek and Anja and the others moved to Srodula?
5. How does Ilzecki save Vladek’s life?
(a) He vouches for him when the Germans have arrested him.
(b) He gives him forged papers that allow him to travel.
(c) He pays a German officer to keep him from being deported.
(d) He gives him somewhere to hide when the Nazis are rounding up Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were living in Vladek’s father-in-law’s household?
2. How does the “Prisoner on the Hell Planet” differ from the rest of Maus stylistically?
3. What offer does Ilzecki make to Vladek, as described in Chapter 4?
4. What does Artie’s father say happens if he does not pedal on his exercise bike?
5. How does Anja’s family get the food they need during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vladek and Anja end up being deported to Auschwitz?
2. How do Vladek and his fellow prisoners make their way out of Srodula?
3. Where do Vladek and his fellow prisoners go after leaving Srodula?
4. How does Artie characterize his father’s attitude toward money in the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. How has the war affected the Zylberbegs morale?
6. How do Vladek and Anja end up staying with Mrs. Motonowa?
7. What does Vladek learn from Kahum Cohn’s example?
8. Why is Mala at her wit’s end in the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. Where do Vladek and Anja stay when they return to Sosnowiec?
10. What complaint does Vladek make about Mala at the bank?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)