|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Vladek’s cousin Miloch hiding?
(a) In a piano.
(b) In a basement.
(c) In a factory.
(d) In a garbage pit.
2. Where do Vladek and Anja spend the night after leaving Mrs. Motonowa’s house?
(a) In the street.
(b) In a bare foundation.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a barn.
3. What offer does Ilzecki make to Vladek, as described in Chapter 4?
(a) He offers to send Richieu away for safekeeping.
(b) He offers to get Vladek a job in a factory.
(c) He offers to smuggle Vladek and his wife out of Poland.
(d) He offers to help Vladek return to his factory in Bielsko.
4. What does Vladek find out is the problem with his in-laws’ family’s finance during the war?
(a) Their taxes have been raised so high that they are making textiles at a loss.
(b) They have lost their factories, but they are still living like they did before the war.
(c) They have to pay so much to bribe German soldiers that there is hardly enough to live on.
(d) The cost of things has risen so high that they cannot maintain their lifestyle.
5. Where does Vladek ride when he takes the street car into town?
(a) The German car.
(b) The foreigners’ car.
(c) The Polish car.
(d) The Jewish car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were living in Vladek’s father-in-law’s household?
2. What does Artie’s father say his home was like when he returned from the POW camp?
3. How many ounces of bread is each member of Vladek's inlaws entitled to during the war, with the coupons the Germans have issued?
4. What is Artie's father’s response when Artie says that he should hire someone to fix the broken item in Chapter 4?
5. What does Artie say overwhelms him at his mother’s funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Artie’s response to Mala’s complaints in Chapter 6?
2. What convinces Vladek and Anja to try to flee to Hungary?
3. What does Artie learn from Vladek about Anja’s journals?
4. How does Art Spiegelman include Maus within the book itself?
5. What plans do Vladek and Anja make for Richieu, and what happens to him?
6. What kind of reception do Vladek and Anja get when they inquire with Mrs. Kawka about hiding with her?
7. How do Vladek and his fellow prisoners make their way out of Srodula?
8. What was life like among the Zylberbergs after Vladek returned from the POW camp?
9. How is the “Prisoner on the Hell Planet” different from the rest of Maus?
10. What does Vladek find when he goes out to reconnoitre Sosonwiec while Anja hides?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)