|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Vladek first serve in the army?
(a) At 21.
(b) At 24.
(c) At 18.
(d) At 16.
2. How does Artie’s father characterize his relationship with women?
(a) He says that he was deeply committed to one girl at a time.
(b) He says they were seeking him out.
(c) He says that was quite shy.
(d) He says that he often toyed with them.
3. How does Vladek keep from being beaten when he is taken captive in the war?
(a) He offers to give the soldiers money.
(b) He lays down, curled up in a ball.
(c) He gives the soldiers information about the Polish strategy.
(d) He speaks to the soldiers in German.
4. How does Artie describe the relationship between his father and Anja?
(a) They are like brother and sister.
(b) They don’t get along.
(c) They are affectionate like lovers.
(d) They are a good team.
5. What does Vladek do when his eye doctor misdiagnoses him?
(a) He reports the doctor to his superior.
(b) He does not say anything.
(c) He yells at the doctor.
(d) He politely corrects the mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to disturb Vladek and Anja’s peace in 1939?
2. Where does Vladek says that he saw the swastika for the first time?
3. What was the outcome for the person who was arrested due to Anja's work for her friend?
4. Where does Artie’s father say he lived during the Great War?
5. How does Vladek characterize Anja’s family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like at the sanitarium for Vladek and Anja?
2. What doubts does Vladek have about Anja before he marries her?
3. Describe Vladek’s relationship with Lucia Greenberg, as described in Chapter 1.
4. What tasks are Vladek and the other prisoners given after the battle?
5. What political news do Vladek and Anja hear on their way to Czechoslovakia?
6. How was Vladek kept out of the Polish army the first time, and why did he end up going into the army the next year?
7. What does Vladek do with Artie’s jacket?
8. How does Artie characterize his father’s relationship with Mala, his wife?
9. What tasks are Vladek and his companions given at the work assignment?
10. What animals are people depicted as, in Maus?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)