|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of the workers stayed at the work camp, according to Vladek?
2. How did Vladek’s father try to keep him out of the army?
(a) He tried to get officers to exempt him.
(b) He was put on a starvation diet for three months.
(c) He got him an officer’s commission.
(d) He tried to get him a student deferment.
3. How was Vladek’s brother Marcus kept out of the army?
(a) He was sent to America.
(b) His teeth were pulled out.
(c) One hand was mutilated.
(d) He was kept on a starvation diet so he would be too thin.
4. How does Vladek say his father escaped from Russian military service?
(a) By cutting off fingers.
(b) By pulling out his teeth.
(c) By blinding himself.
(d) By fleeing to Poland.
5. What effect did Vladek’s shooting have in the war, during the battle before he was captured?
(a) He only shot in the air.
(b) He shot more than one German.
(c) He shot one German soldier.
(d) He shot blindly, and did no damage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Artie's father give for what he is doing in Chapter 2?
2. What does Vladek do to get back in touch with Anja after she stopped contacting him?
3. What task is Vladek given after being taken to a camp during the war?
4. What is Anja’s involvement with her friend she "always ran to see" even after she and Vladek were married?
5. What does Vladek dream will happen at Parshas Truma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two worlds are juxtaposed in the opening scene?
2. What political news do Vladek and Anja hear on their way to Czechoslovakia?
3. How does Artie’s father characterize himself in the time before he met Anja?
4. What doubts does Vladek have about Artie’s comic book idea?
5. How does Anja’s family invest in Vladek’s ambitions?
6. How does Artie characterize his father’s relationship with Mala, his wife?
7. What consequences do Anja’s political activities have?
8. In addition to Vladek being released from the work camp during Parshas Truma, what events take place at Parshas Truma?
9. Describe Vladek’s health when Artie sees him again at the beginning of Chapter 2.
10. What is Anja’s involvement in the politics in Czechoslovakia?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)