|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vladek volunteer for while in the POW camp?
(a) An office job.
(b) The German Army.
(c) An industrial job.
(d) A work detail.
2. Who does Artie’s father say he was often compared to?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Humphrey Bogart.
(c) John Wayne.
(d) Rudolph Valentino.
3. When did the war begin for Vladek?
(a) April 30, 1938.
(b) July 15, 1938.
(c) September 1, 1939.
(d) May 1, 1940.
4. Who is Lucia Greenberg?
(a) Artie's father’s first wife.
(b) Artie's father’s friend.
(c) The first girl Artie's father has a relationship with.
(d) Art Spiegelman’s mother.
5. When does Artie’s father say he quit school to work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Artie's father meet Anja?
2. What events also took place on Parshas Truma?
3. What work are Vladek and his fellows given for their work detail?
4. What reason does Artie's father give for what he is doing in Chapter 2?
5. How does Artie describe the relationship between his father and Anja?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vladek do with Artie’s jacket?
2. What is Anja’s involvement in the politics in Czechoslovakia?
3. In addition to Vladek being released from the work camp during Parshas Truma, what events take place at Parshas Truma?
4. What happens to Vladek and Anja in 1939?
5. How does Artie’s father characterize himself in the time before he met Anja?
6. What problems does Artie's father have with his eyes?
7. What tasks are Vladek and his companions given at the work assignment?
8. In Chapter 1, how does Artie characterize his relationship with his father?
9. How was Vladek kept out of the Polish army the first time, and why did he end up going into the army the next year?
10. Describe Vladek’s health when Artie sees him again at the beginning of Chapter 2.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)