|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Vladek’s cousin Miloch hiding?
(a) In a piano.
(b) In a factory.
(c) In a basement.
(d) In a garbage pit.
2. Where are Vladek and Anja reunited?
(a) In the prison.
(b) After Auschwitz.
(c) In the truck to Auschwitz.
(d) At Auschwitz.
3. What offer does Ilzecki make to Vladek, as described in Chapter 4?
(a) He offers to help Vladek return to his factory in Bielsko.
(b) He offers to send Richieu away for safekeeping.
(c) He offers to get Vladek a job in a factory.
(d) He offers to smuggle Vladek and his wife out of Poland.
4. Where did Vladek and Anja and her family live in Srodula?
(a) The streets.
(b) A shack.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A prison.
5. Who ultimately takes Richieu away from the ghetto?
(a) Freedom fighters.
(c) Vladek’s father.
(d) The Germans.
6. How does Artie says that his father influenced his decision to become an artist?
(a) He had always wanted to represent his father’s stories.
(b) It was an area that would keep him close to his father.
(c) It was a field where he wouldn’t have to compete with his father.
(d) His father had taught him to draw and design things.
7. Why do the Germans leave Vladek’s mother-in-law’s nice bedroom set alone when they come to plunder the household?
(a) Vladek’s father-in-law keeps the soldiers from seeing that bedroom.
(b) Vladek’s family hides the bedroom set.
(c) Vladek’s father-in-law bribes them.
(d) They do not take it because she is ill.
8. How does Artie describe the position his mother puts him in by killing herself?
(a) He feels like a child, who cannot offer his mother anything.
(b) He feels like an artist, who can only feel his experiences if he uses them for his art.
(c) He feels like a priest, who has heard her confession.
(d) He feels like a prisoner, who is guilty for having killed her.
9. What does Vladek come back to Anja with, after walking around Sosnowiec?
(a) News about the camps.
(d) Directions to a safe town.
10. Where did the Zylberberg family go on January 1, 1942?
(a) A factory.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A smaller apartment.
(d) A work camp.
11. What is Vladek doing when Artie sees him next in Chapter 5?
(a) Fixing the roof.
(c) Sorting nails.
12. What does Artie’s father say his home was like when he returned from the POW camp?
(a) His in-laws had lost a great deal of their wealth.
(b) His father-in-law lived in even greater splendor.
(c) His in-laws live much the same as before.
(d) His in-laws were still well-off, but not as wealthy as before.
13. What does the guard find in Vladek’s shoe polish?
(a) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A watch.
14. When Vladek and Artie are at the bank together, what complaint does Vladek make about Mala?
(a) He says that she always wants to return to Europe.
(b) He says that she wants to move to the South.
(c) He says that she is not clean in the house.
(d) He says that she wants his money for herself.
15. What do Vladek’s fellow prisoners pay him with, for his help?
(a) Contacts with good smugglers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Vladek and Anja arrested?
2. Who does Vladek run into on the streets of Sosnowiec?
3. Where does Vladek say he made a bunker in the second house he lived in at Srodula?
4. Who found Artie’s mother’s body?
5. Why does Artie’s father say that Anja’s Uncle Herman and Aunt Helen were lucky?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)