|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ounces of bread is each member of Vladek's inlaws entitled to during the war, with the coupons the Germans have issued?
2. Where does Vladek send Miloch and his wife and child?
(a) To Sosnowiec.
(b) To Mrs. Motonowa’s.
(c) To the police.
(d) To Hungary
3. Where does Vladek say he made a bunker in the second house he lived in at Srodula?
(a) In factory.
(b) In a tin shop.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the attic.
4. What does Artie's father want him to fix, when Artie shows up at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A leaking drain pipe.
(b) The kitchen sink.
(c) An electrical outlet.
(d) A broken lamp.
5. How had Artie’s mother killed herself?
(a) She hung herself.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) She jumped on railroad tracks.
(d) She slit her wrists.
6. Where did Vladek and Anja and her family live in Srodula?
(a) A prison.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A shack.
(d) The streets.
7. Where is Vladek’s cousin Miloch hiding?
(a) In a piano.
(b) In a factory.
(c) In a garbage pit.
(d) In a basement.
8. What does Vladek make a sketch of, for Artie in Chapter 5?
(a) The region where Srodula was located.
(b) The layout of the ghetto at Srodula.
(c) The bunker at the ghetto at Srodula.
(d) The camps at Auschwitz.
9. Who does Vladek run into on the streets of Sosnowiec?
(a) A fellow Jew.
(c) Former business associates.
(d) A distant cousin.
10. What new tool has Artie brought with him to interview his father?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A new fountain pen.
(c) An assistant.
(d) A tape recorder.
11. What does Anja disagree with Vladek about, after they leave Mrs. Motonowa's house?
(b) Paying Mrs. Motonowa.
(c) Hiding any longer.
(d) Going out in public.
12. What does Artie say, in Chapter 6, bothers him about his father?
(a) His opinions would lead to violence like the violence perpetrated against him.
(b) He is just like the stereotype of the miserly Jew.
(c) He thinks he is too hung up on Anja’s death.
(d) He doesn’t believe all of his father’s stories.
13. What accusation does Artie make to his father when he finds out that Vladek had destroyed Anja’s journals?
(d) Selfish man.
14. Why does Vladek hide his money from his in-laws?
(a) He knows they will just spend it.
(b) He doesn’t want to draw attention to his success in the market.
(c) He wants to plan his escape from Poland.
(d) He does not trust them.
15. What suggestion does Artie make to his father about his father’ relationship with Mala?
(a) To give her more money to spend.
(b) To listen.
(c) To take her out to dinner.
(d) To see a marriage counselor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the “Prisoner on the Hell Planet” differ from the rest of Maus stylistically?
2. What does Vladek use for currency?
3. Where did the Zylberberg family go on January 1, 1942?
4. Who does Vladek run into on Modrezejowska Street?
5. Who causes Vladek and Anja to be arrested?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)