1. When does Maus begin?
2. How old is Art Spiegelman at the beginning of the memoir?
Eleven or twelve.
3. What experience does Art Spiegelman’s father contrast with Art’s experience of his friends skating away when his skate broke?
His experience in the Holocaust.
4. What period is covered by Chapter 1?
1930s to 1944.
5. Where does Artie's father live, in the beginning of the memoir?
Rego Park, NY.
6. How did Artie’s mother die?
7. How does Artie describe the relationship between his father and Anja?
They don’t get along.
This section contains 5,635 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)