|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Artie’s father characterize the situation for the Jews in Germany in 1937?
(a) He says that they were being persecuted.
(b) He says that they were already being systematically executed.
(c) He says that it was not that bad yet.
(d) He says that they were being exiled.
2. What business does Vladek say he started after 1942?
(a) Publishing resistance tracts.
(b) Trading gold and silver.
(c) Smuggling refugees out of Poland.
(d) Selling forged papers.
3. Why does Artie say, in Chpater 1, that he wants to gather this information about Anja?
(a) He says that it makes his father’s story more human.
(b) He says that he won’t know the story until he hears it.
(c) He says that he wants to tell a personal story, not a story about the Holocaust.
(d) He says that he wants to know his father better.
4. What saves Vladek when he has a heart attack on the sidewalk?
(c) A paramedic.
(d) An ambulance.
5. How does Anja’s family mend fences after the arrest she caused due to her work with her friend?
(a) They pay the seamstress a good amount of money.
(b) They pay to send Anja’s friend to America.
(c) They get involved in the resistance.
(d) They turn Anja’s friend in to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objection does Artie’s father make about the material Artie is gathering?
2. What is the age difference between Artie's father and Anja?
3. What does Artie resent in “Prisoner on the Hell Planet”?
4. Who ultimately takes Richieu away from the ghetto?
5. Who is Lucia Greenberg?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)