|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vladek insult Artie without meaning to?
(a) He throws out his coat.
(b) He chastises him like a child about the ash from his cigarettes.
(c) He takes Artie’s money to save it for him.
(d) He refuses to let Artie get up until he has eaten all of his food.
2. What does Artie’s father say his home was like when he returned from the POW camp?
(a) His in-laws live much the same as before.
(b) His in-laws had lost a great deal of their wealth.
(c) His father-in-law lived in even greater splendor.
(d) His in-laws were still well-off, but not as wealthy as before.
3. Where does Artie’s father say he lived during the Great War?
(a) In England.
(b) In Poland.
(c) In Russia.
(d) In Germany.
4. Who is the friend Anja “always ran to see” even after she and Vladek were married?
(a) An old boyfriend from home.
(b) A childhood friend.
(c) A communist from Warsaw.
(d) A cousin from Berlin.
5. How much training does Vladek say he got in the Polish army?
(a) A few days.
(b) A year.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Artie’s father characterize Anja’s relationship with Artie?
2. How does Artie’s father describe Anja’s reaction after giving birth?
3. Who does Anja’s friend get her in trouble with?
4. What complaint does Vladek’s mother-in-law make about her soup?
5. How do Vladek’s in-laws distract themselves from the war?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)