|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Artie characterize his father’s relationship with Mala?
2. Where does Artie's father live, in the beginning of the memoir?
(a) Los Angeles, CA.
(b) Warsaw, Poland.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Rego Park, NY.
3. What does Vladek say was his reaction to someone getting arrested because of the work Anja did for her friend during the war time?
(a) He wanted Anja to repair the damage she’d done.
(b) He was ready to break off his marriage.
(c) He wanted to participate in the conspiracies.
(d) He wanted to go to America.
4. What are Vladek’s accommodations like on the assignment he volunteered for while being a POW?
(a) Much more comfortable than the POW camp.
(b) More comfortable, but less safe than the POW camp.
(c) Worse than the POW camp.
(d) The same as the POW camp.
5. What business was Artie's father in before the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Vladek’s story about his father rescuing the pillow in 1914 have on Anja?
2. Why does Artie say, in Chpater 1, that he wants to gather this information about Anja?
3. How did Vladek end up in the army after all?
4. What does Artie’s father say his father-in-law wanted to procure for him?
5. How does Artie describe the relationship between his father and Anja?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)